Best Power Company for Southland.

macandrosie, Aug 10, 5:26am
If that's possible?Who has found a power company that let's you know about actually saving power, ripple control etc? I've been online & to be honest they're all like a pack of vultures! Sign up with us at the click of a button!What they don't offer you isn't worth knowing! I just get told to not fill your kettle so full! We pay exorbitant rates for power in NZ compared with Australia.

tintop, Aug 10, 11:23am
Have a look at the powerswitch website.

marte, Aug 10, 12:16pm
I'm happy with Trustpower.
I'm 3 months plus in advance because of their discount.

'Contact' treated me really badly. Cut my power off for no reason. Expected my to pay reconnection fees. So I told them to 'shove it' and went 9 months without power. Since I was working in other parts of NZ at the time, for months, it didn't worry me much.

Then because they thought someone else shifted in, they reconnected their power again, then disconnected it, THREE TIMES!

When I told them "I own the house, nobody has asked for the power to be reconnected like you have done. " (I get home to find things in the house that were still plugged in, going. !)

So they got shitty and wanted me to pay for the power used, a\t their own calculations of previous useage, not the meter with had hardly moved, plus 4 reconnection fees. plus 4 disconnection fees.
Plus another reconnection fee to reconnect it!

So I went to Trustpower. no shit!.

lyingnun, Aug 10, 10:24pm
I am with Genesis. Check "What;s my number" to see who would give you the best deal.

owen106, Aug 15, 12:15am

oh_hunnihunni, Aug 15, 6:36am
I've been with Trustpower in north and south for decades, and have had constant good service from them. I recommend them to everyone.

biggles45, Oct 26, 2:59pm
We are with contact and they have been really awesome to deal with through several house moves etc. 22% discount for paying on line on time is good too,