Asparagus peas.

flopsie, Nov 24, 8:35am
I sowed some of these today. Has anyone ever grown them! I decided to grow a few different things this season and got mail order seeds from Kings and Egmont Seeds. Any info much appreciated

eileenc2, Nov 25, 9:16am
I grew them last year. They grow quickly and spread out quite a lot. Make sure you pick them when they are small as they are more tender. They were very easy to grow and the flowers were very pretty.

auburn4, Nov 25, 10:12am
Tried them several years ago and they were a fail, all plant with very little product. I grow something different most years for the curiosity factor and won't try these again.

flopsie, Nov 26, 6:29am
Thanks.gotta try them once I guess.Wonder if they would grow up the bean fence.!

gardie, Nov 26, 8:01am
Yep - I tried them a couple of years ago.We absolutely loved them when picked young and stir fried but like auburn4 says, they took up a lot of room for the produce we received from them.I gave the rest of my seeds away.If you have an abundance of room though, go for it. (Got mine from Kings too).

flopsie, Nov 26, 6:49pm
Thanks.I havent allowed for a lot of room for them so will set up some mesh as a temporary fence and they may climb it.

antoniab, Nov 26, 8:33pm
Yep have grown them before but dont think I will bother again, like others have said, a lot of plant for not much product - if I recall they dont have tendrils to climb but you could tie them up I guess

gardie, Nov 27, 5:33am
You are right - no tendrils.They have a spreading growth habit.

samanya, Nov 23, 10:04am
I planted some a couple of years ago & not one came up.