New dish drawers good or still unreliable

siobhan41, Mar 11, 6:53am
Looking at buying new dish drawers and wondering if the new ones are anymore reliable than the old ones.

greeny, Mar 11, 6:55am
HAd no probs with mine and the one at work seems upto to the job

seabee76, Mar 11, 7:04am
Im happy with mine - single dd which is deeper than the drawers on a double. Much prefer this to my old one. Replaced my old original double dish drawer that had started to leak.

easygoer, Mar 11, 7:54am
2 years now with my single extra depth drawer, goes like a charm and also extremely quiet, no complaints here

rob56, Mar 13, 2:42am
I too have a new double dd and 6 mths no problems. Luv it.

lythande1, Mar 13, 6:36pm

viking60, Mar 19, 5:53am
Ours are 10 years old and have never had a problem.

brightlights60, Mar 19, 7:08am
We have had them 15 years with virtually no problems. Just replaced 2 after the earthquakes a couple of years ago. I think the first batch had some duds in it. We have a local appliance guy who specializes in F&P and he says that if you have the good ones (and we did) they virtually have no faults and will go for 10-12 years with no repairs, once to twice a day. That's a lot. From memory ours both needed a $70 repair twice and considering how much they were used that's pretty good. Ours are plumbed separately, both just under the bench, either side of the sink. We like how you can do different washes, like all the plastic or glasses in one, pots or plates, or even a quick wash for baking stuff. The new ones we just had installed are slightly deeper and about half as quiet again. You cannot hear them from a few meters away. They are different from regular dish washers, never be the same, but we like them. Wife's elderly Mum had a single one installed in a new kitchen and loved it.

lythande1, Mar 19, 7:28pm
My mum has one. She has had repairs endlessly, the last 4 she had to pay. and yesterday it gave up again.
This time she isn't repairing it.

blueviking, Mar 19, 11:36pm
Had ours about 10yrs. Had a clogged pipe once which caused it to stop. Fixed it myself.

sooby, Mar 20, 10:03pm
We installed a brand new single DD in 2010 at home and have had no problems at all. Have also had them at work before where any problems encountered were due to user mis-use: overfilling powder, overloading etc. When people at work finally stopped mistreating them they worked as they should! Like anything, you look after it & it will look after you. A good test for them at work as each drawer was loaded & unloaded up to four times daily.

I'd gladly recommend and buy another one because;
- no bending over,
- no door to trip over,
- they have a fan that drys the dishes (only the deepest crevasses need manual drying),
- single drawer allows for additional kitchen storage in smaller kitchens,
- double drawers can run two loads independently: one heavy load / one delicate at same time, two loads at different times etc

Each to their own tho :)

siobhan41, Mar 1, 1:52am
Thanks all.
In the end decided against one and went with a Bosch.