What year did copper pipes stop going into newly

floweringrose, Mar 8, 9:09am
built houses please!

cantabman1, Mar 8, 10:14am
At least 35yrs ago, then they used that polithene stuff that leaked all over the place.Why!

floweringrose, Mar 8, 5:29pm
i'm looking at buying and want to avoid ones with copper water pipes

plumcraft, Mar 8, 6:24pm
WHY !

lythande1, Mar 8, 6:34pm
You want to avoid Dux Quest.
Buteline or copper is fine.

kwaka5, Mar 8, 7:02pm
copper is in fact the best. Thinner wall and more curved bends produce better flow. The only reason it stopped going into new places was the cost. Copper is not cheap. (low pressure)

russ18, Mar 8, 7:12pm
Some believe there is a health concern with copper pipes. plastic will be next.

nitronz, Mar 8, 7:32pm
if a house has copper pipes, im More inclined to buy it rather than less. Anytime i get plumbing work done, I always insist on copper

steptoesnr, Mar 8, 7:53pm
They haven't.

joberri, Mar 9, 2:23am
curves produce better water flow, then that must be why my shower pressure is so low after plumber replacing copper pipes with plastic

elect70, Mar 9, 3:08am
Still usedwhere there is concrete floors^^^ it looks neaterbutthere is a pressure drop on every bend . When i redid my place ijust put big dips in the pipes where theygo up wallsonly crimps on theT s . Being near the sea all the copper wasrottenunder the floor .

gtcrshr, Mar 9, 4:54am
we have a 2001 or so house which still has it . was a shock thats for sure !

aredwood, Mar 9, 6:01am
Unless the plumber also installed a tempering valve.

joberri, Mar 9, 7:49am
aredwood wrote:
Unless the plumber also installed a tempering valve.[/quotel

am still waiting for a itemized a/c to nfind out just what he did do, had to get him back to sort pressure out, where he lowered the overflow pipe and put in a relief valve on it

russ18, Mar 9, 8:21am
Was all copper here but everything moving so ripped it all out - 250Kgs of the stuff!

pskpinks, Mar 9, 9:08am
I bet you were thrilled with the $$$$ you got when you sold it to the scrap metal merchant!
Upmarket new build houses have to have rigorous security to stop the copper fittings from being stolen.

petal_91, Mar 9, 9:23am
Didn't only up market houses have copper plumbing! I have two fairly ordinary 1930s houses with galvanized steel plumbing, or at least I did, but have now replaced most of it.

nitronz, Mar 9, 10:14am
my 1950's ex state house i used to own had copper.and my mothers 1960's ex state house had it.so no not just upmarket houses had it

pskpinks, Mar 9, 6:30pm
Now it is upmarket new build houses - in the past prior to galvanised guttering and pvc guttering it was copper all the way. Shows how things have changed - copper is upmarket, to the point that a company making pvc guttering has started bringing out in a 'copper' coloured version so if you can't afford the real thing you can have a 'look alike'.

trade4us2, Mar 10, 2:31am
Thieves tried to steal the copper downpipes next door seven times. I got the rego numbers and video of most of the thieves but the police have done nothing except to say that people just shouldn't use copper.

pskpinks, Apr 10, 7:02pm
I guess we shouldn't have anything of value *sigh!*