Wild Blackberries

kamrynsmom, Oct 28, 7:55pm
Is there a reason why you shouldn't eat wild blackberries!

amiri1, Oct 28, 8:04pm
If they've been sprayed you shouldn't eat them. Otherwise they are beautiful picked fresh, nothing like the ones you buy in a punnet from a shop. Lucky you if you've got some that haven't been sprayed! :)

kamrynsmom, Oct 28, 8:12pm
Ok, I just wondered.Someone has cut the verge at the front of our property.Council maybe!Only one part though where all our blackberries were :(So now they are gone!They were never sprayed so I don't understand why they were cut!I have a few growing wild on the property but far from producing the fruit like the other ones that have been there much longer than the 3 years we've been here.Pretty bummed :(We had been eating them and freezing them.But thought maybe we shouldn't.

eagles9999, Oct 28, 8:13pm
HOW are you going to know whether wild blackberries have been sprayed or not!I have seen a neighbour spraying some wild blackberries on a vacant neighbouring section and wondered what sort of risk that posed.

kamrynsmom, Oct 28, 9:15am
I am a stay-at-home mom and I've not seen anyone out there spraying.I mean I'm not home ALL the time but would think it's unlikely they spray as soon as I walk out the door.At any rate we've never been sick from them.I don't know, I would be shocked if they were sprayed only because they are all along this road growing wild in patches and many people stop and pick them.