Lessons learned the hard way.

Page 44 / 44
dgluved, Dec 11, 6:24pm
Sooby - put pavers in the space - problem solved.

flier3, Dec 12, 4:56am
Many years ago, when sister had a hole in the exhaust pipe of her morrie minor, it was suggested that she may need to put a 'bandage on it'.She learned that a wet teatowel does not do the trick!And I thought I was the dumb one.

kyletrade, Dec 14, 7:51am
Watch where the sparks are directed when using a grinder. You may look down and find you are on fire!

kyletrade, Dec 14, 7:54am
If the template you made is wrong it is safe to assume the 20 doors you just drilled will be too.

kyletrade, Dec 14, 9:34am
The 2 man post hole digger is also known as the helicopter. If you hit tree roots while digging and holding on means you grip the throttle harder you and your mate will soon find out why.

buzzy110, Dec 14, 9:18pm
#977 & 979 Soo funny. I'm in tears just thinking about them.

arvs, Dec 14, 10:19pm
bumping this thread is such fun!.

smoocher, Dec 14, 10:39pm
A friend hubby who is a DIY disaster built a shelving set to go across her kitchen window. On the shelves she put glass jars with pasta, cornflour, custard powder, coco, rice etc. She was showing me this and we were admiring his handy work, when the whole lot collapsed. After the shock, and realising neither of us were hurt, we both looked at each other. We looked like a couple of raccoons, as our faces and hair were filled with flour, cornflour, coco etc, but as we had both shut our eyes, they were powder free. We lost it when we looked at one another, the more we laughed the more ridiculous we looked, as the tears running down our faces made tracks in the flour and coco and we made little puffs of white powder cloud as we laughed.

fhpottery, Dec 14, 10:43pm
Expanding foam My poor workmate who had a huge beard and fuzzy hair broke the nozzle off some expanding foam. In a flash he had 1/2 a can expanding into his mop. As you know it's impossible to remove.
I laughed hard at that sight. He was not amused!

crackerjack19, Dec 15, 1:07am
To day wife gave me yet another reason for going crazy, she walked up to the coffe drink dispensing machine put her money in pressed the button of choice and had hysterics because there was no cup to collect the goodies. I was too helples with laughter to be of any help what-so-ever,but then when am I ever.

juliewn, Dec 18, 7:54am
Bumpety bump for more stories.:-)

peanuts, Dec 18, 10:26am
this thread cheers even the darkest days please keep it coming.

pommyjohn1, Dec 18, 7:42pm
When cleaning kitchen windows do not stand on ceramic cooktops,they don't take a lot of weight .Cracked corner to corner both ways

kgbatussr, Jan 15, 1:01am
well .my first mistake was. picking up a hammer lol