Lawnmowers victa vs masport

metexan, Aug 22, 4:38am
cant decide
sick of our crapy lawnmaster one the only thing its a master at is breaking down grrr

budgel, Aug 22, 11:13pm
Buy the one that has the better warranty.

Have you had your current one properly serviced?

pete48, Aug 23, 2:08am
x1
Whatever you decide, buy an alloy body mower. My choice is Victa, my last one lasted over 25 years. Current one running a 190cc briggs and stratton 4 stroke. Peter

xs1100, Aug 23, 5:37am
have you changed the spark plug cleaned the air filter and changed the oil and also cleaned underneath

galex, Aug 23, 12:09pm
Exactly the same with me. 25 + years with a 2 stroke alloy bodied Victa, now running the 190cc 4 stroke, great machines.

stevo2, Aug 23, 6:54pm
Doesnt matter which brand you buy, they will be using the Briggs and Stratton motor. The more you pay the better the motor they use.
I always go for the lawnmaster because they are the only mower still made in NZ.
Keep NZ working.

wasgonna, Aug 24, 12:43am
I've had a Victa Mustang for about 20 years and is almost bullet-proof. I run it over anything, even cleared overgrown sections and doesn't even think about it.

It has a Tecumseh motor so unless that's Briggs and Stratton in Japanese it is just as good.

xs1100, Aug 24, 4:14am
and then theres those pesky Honda motors also. but they are just briggs and Stratton in disguise also

2sheddies, Aug 24, 5:41am
x1
Masport and Victa are two popular brands that offer a range of lawn mowers and outdoor power equipment. While both brands have their strengths and weaknesses, here are some key factors to consider when comparing Masport vs Victa:

Price: Masport and Victa mowers are available in a wide range of prices, with Masport being generally more expensive than Victa. Masport mowers often offer additional features and higher build quality, which can justify the higher price point for some buyers.

Build Quality: Both brands have a reputation for high-quality mowers, but Masport is often considered to have superior build quality due to the materials used in their construction. Masport mowers are typically made with high-quality steel and feature durable components that are built to last.

Features: Masport offers a wide range of features across its mower lineup, including self-propelled models, adjustable cutting heights, and variable speed controls. Victa mowers are generally more basic in terms of features, but this can make them a more affordable option for those who don't need all the bells and whistles.

Maintenance: Both Masport and Victa mowers require regular maintenance, but Masport mowers are often easier to maintain due to their higher-quality components and more accessible design.

Warranty: Both brands offer warranties on their mowers, with Masport generally offering longer warranty periods than Victa.

If you are looking for a higher-end mower with a range of features and excellent build quality, Masport may be the better choice. However, if you are looking for a more affordable option that still offers solid performance and reliability, Victa may be a better fit for you.

wasgonna, Aug 24, 6:32am
So an Aussie mower with an Italian engine. Sounds odd. That was the motor it came with new, not added later.

2sheddies, Aug 24, 6:42am
x1
Yeah, we had a flymo with an Italian made Tecumseh on it so that's where I got that from. You never know where things are made these days though lol. they're probably built in China now under licence. The earlier Victas with their own 2 stroke were awesome too.

stevo2, Aug 24, 6:58am
Actually I think you will find that Tecumseh were made in Michigan USA.
I say "were" because they ceased production in 2008.

2sheddies, Aug 24, 7:03am
You're right, I stand corrected. It appears they originated there, but it seems there was a European division also, as ours was manufactured in Italy, obviously under licence.

Never liked them much at all. probably why I am a bit misinformed as to their main origins lol. Had 3 of them and all were crap.

-bookzone-, Aug 24, 7:12am
They were making engines in both Italy and USA, but have ceased both operations in favour of cheaper countries, such as India.

http://www.toledoblade.com/Economy/2006/01/07/Tecumseh-firm-to-end-production-in-Italy.html

metexan, Aug 27, 9:16pm
old mower reg serviced and been in for repairs many a time
my parents got a victor in 95 and shes still running mint
will only be looking at alloy body
victor has a 24 month warranty 19" deck
and the stihl masport 18" deck with mulcher. 24month on mower then 6yrs on alloy housing and lifetime warranty on plastic catcher

nostalgia might be getting the best of me lol

jenifa, Aug 29, 9:18am
Another agreement on this. I inherited my dads one that was 15 years old and have been using it for 5 years on top of that! Body is still great and 4 stroke engine going stong.

metexan, Aug 29, 9:25pm
picking up the masport on tue woop woop did a trade in too lol

comadi, Aug 30, 8:45am
Should have got yourself one of these ;-)

https://trademe.tmcdn.co.nz/photoserver/full/407060550.jpg

gpg58, Aug 30, 10:41am
Or one of these.

--------------
MY WIFE'S RIDE-ON LAWN MOWER IS NOW FOR SALE!

Here??

eddie14, Aug 30, 8:43pm
it really wont matter what mower brand you buy as all briggs engines are made in China. Reports of plastics being used in favor of metals for carbs etc, and warping have surfaced, quality has dropped across the range, you will not get 20 yrs out of a push mower purchased today period.

metexan, Oct 14, 5:58pm
haha we did have one of those wasnt fun mowing an acre! got a real mower and broke after a month its now a frankenstine mower