'Bulky' waste disposal in Auckland (suitcase)

aboylikedave, Aug 2, 2:45am
Hi there

I have an old suitcase with a broken handle so I can't really take it to a charity shop. Non-organic collection has only just happened so I can't wait for that. Is there anywhere I can dump it anywhere for free (and legally)? I am in Onehunga, Auckland.

flagheaven, Aug 2, 5:07am
put it out the front and it will be gone in an hour !

exwesty, Aug 2, 5:11am
Couple of batteries and some wires sticking out of it in a public place and it'll be definitely gone.

ange164, Aug 2, 5:13am
Maybe talk nicely to someone in your local industrial area with a skip bin? OR maybe cut up the side of a rubbish bag and then just fit it in there as best you can and duct tape it on, so there's proof you've paid the price of the bag for disposal. Fill the suitcase with rubbish too perhaps.

lythande1, Aug 2, 8:26pm
What is wrong with taking it to your local Rubbish Tip? Won't cost the earth for just one item. people are so lazy.

captaingraham, Aug 2, 8:38pm
Jump on it, sqash it and shove it in a rubbish bag or cut it into smaller pieces and put it in the rubbish bit by bit.

aboylikedave, Aug 3, 1:17am
lythande1 - nothing to do with laziness, but last time I took it to the tip they did try to charge me the earth - something like $25 for something really small (possibly an old Xmas tree?) as I recall.
Anyway, lucky outcome - next door neighbor is having his kitchen done and let me put it in with their building rubbish :-)

oh_hunnihunni, Aug 3, 3:14am
In Auckland, there's always somewhere with an inorganic collection next week.

lemming2, Aug 4, 9:33pm
Not in West Auckland, where we're charged $25, have to book it, and keep in on our own property til collected, and not more than 1 cubic metre. it's cheaper now for me to load the stuff into my small car and take it to the refuse centre.

ambo11, Aug 4, 9:52pm
Leave it at an asian university, they like suitcases and water

taurus2005, Aug 5, 3:36am
Put it outside with a for sale on it, ask for $20.00. Someone will steal it. They won't if you have a free sign.

cagivachick1, Nov 4, 3:07pm
that guys name was Sin Kin Sloly