Wet and Forget - anybody used their stuff and

Page 1 / 2
zyx2004, Sep 13, 3:32pm
x1
There are various comparisons online saying that Wet & Forget and 30 Seconds use different chemicals. but 30 Seconds' new ad on their website says both products use the same active ingredient. Go figure.

sparkyz, Sep 13, 7:44pm
Speedy1 #10.
30 Seconds "Spray and Walk Away" contains the same active ingredient as "Wet and Forget". Benzyl-C12-16-alkyl dimethylammonium chloride, aka Benzalkonium chloride. These products have names that explain their use, ie spray on and wait for nature to remove the moss/lichen etc. They take time to work.

30 Seconds "Outdoor Cleaner" contains Sodium Hypochlorite, the same ingredient as Janola/bleach. This is an instant cleaning product.

zyx2004, Sep 13, 11:55pm
x1
30 Seconds also makes a water-spot remover for shower doors. also cheaper than the Wet & Forget "Tiger Paw" thingy.

The ingredients in Shower Witch are as follows:

- Water - the primary ingredient that makes up the bulk of the product.
- Sodium laureth sulfate - a foaming agent that helps to create the cleaning solution and remove dirt and grime.
- Citric acid - a natural acid that helps to dissolve soap scum and mineral deposits.
- Sodium bicarbonate - also known as baking soda, this ingredient helps to neutralize odors and improve the cleaning power of the product.
- Cocamide DEA - a surfactant that helps to emulsify oils and remove dirt and grime.
- Fragrance - a small amount of fragrance is added to the product to provide a pleasant scent.

Shower Witch is a non-toxic and biodegradable cleaner that is safe for use on most shower surfaces, including tiles, glass, and acrylic. It is also free from bleach, ammonia, and phosphates, making it an environmentally friendly option for cleaning your shower.

marte, Sep 14, 1:17am
If i was the OP I would be using the Benzalkonium chloride containing products, they kill the moss/mold off & help stop it from returning, but it takes longer.

The Bleach contains products just bleach the moss/mold & kill it secondary & I wouldn't be putting such a strong chemical on something like the OP is using it for. Yep it would be ok on concrete or decking to clean quicker without much of a long lasting effect.

lythande1, Sep 14, 7:54am
x1
If you're looking for a good outdoor cleaner, you've probably heard of Wet and Forget. But with so many products on the market, it can be hard to know if it's really worth the hype. So, has anybody out there used their stuff?

Well, I have to say that I'm a big fan of Wet and Forget. I've used it to clean everything from my patio to my driveway, and it always does a great job. It's really easy to use - you just mix it with water and spray it on the affected area. Then, you can just let it sit and do its thing - no scrubbing required!

One of the things I like about Wet and Forget is that it's gentle enough to use on a variety of surfaces, including painted surfaces and roofs. Plus, it's safe for plants and pets, which is a big plus in my book.

Now, as for the comparison between Wet and Forget and 30 Seconds, I have to say that I'm a bit confused. I've seen conflicting information online about whether the two products use the same active ingredient. Some people say they do, while others say they don't. Honestly, I'm not sure what to believe!

But here's the thing - regardless of whether the two products use the same chemical or not, I know that Wet and Forget works for me. And that's really all that matters, right? At the end of the day, you just want a product that will get the job done and make your outdoor surfaces look like new again.

So, if you're in the market for a good outdoor cleaner, I would definitely recommend giving Wet and Forget a try. It's easy to use, effective, and safe for a variety of surfaces. As for the whole 30 Seconds comparison - well, I guess you'll just have to make up your own mind about that one!

majoba, Sep 14, 4:45pm
I have used both. Much prefer Wet and Forget. It does s it claims, on concrete wood and also Terracotta. Will not bother with 30 seconds. It may be heaps cheaper but just does not do anything but a very temporary clean.

ratast, Sep 14, 11:38pm
I had small clumps of lichen spores on a deck.I got some white vinegar and brushed over with an tooth brush. My wife said will have to leave few days to take effect, but within minutes the lichen was was falling away. This was 2 months ago and no sign of reappearing.

gaimon, Sep 15, 7:31pm
Could I ask. what, if any damage, do these products have on garden plants/lawns.

gabbysnana, Sep 15, 7:46pm
kills them. Just done a big patio with clear roofing, used the same stuff the commercial guys use ( bunnings) the lichen is just deposits of dirt. Once up on the roof, sprayed and brushed with broom. They came away easily. A waterblaster would have done a quicker better job though. But wherever the chemical fell, weeds, grass etc, they have gone yellow and died.

joanie04, Sep 15, 9:01pm
I used 30 seconds (the one you attach to the hose) on an area of concrete I can't water blast. Got a bit close to the edge of the lawn and it has partially died. The instructions do say to thoroughly wet any plants with water before use.

macandrosie, Sep 18, 4:02pm
30 Seconds is currently advertising on tv against Wet & Forget saying they are just as good but at a third of the price! A bit cheeky I thought!

anglia, Sep 18, 7:38pm
Another down vote for Shower Witch, I’m surprised it’s still on the market as they can’t be getting return customers.

gaimon, Sep 20, 4:04pm
Gabbysnana and joanie. Thankyou for your replies. I won’t be using these products then. Might be better as a weed killer. Lol

joanie04, Sep 20, 5:40pm
I didn't mind as it was the edge of the lawn that was going to be sprayed anyway lol. But it appears to have killed the lichen and made the concrete look a hell of a lot better.

yapper, May 19, 11:53am
can tell me if it's worth it? We have an acrylic 'roof' over a carport and it gets covered in mould, sort of like lichen. I'm wondering if we could throw something over it and leave it? Forget it even. But I would imagine that you would come back later and hose it off. Any thoughts? All ideas appreciated.

wasgonna, May 19, 12:50pm
Should work fine but you have to give it time for the weather to do its job. Purchase concentrate for value and future use. Acrylic roof will clean up pretty quick. Mine did using 30 Seconds Spray and Walkaway. Doubt if there's much difference between brands.

cwag, May 19, 4:53pm
I have used a few of their products.
Always followed directions carefully but none of them has ever worked like it shows on the commercials!
Very overpriced and from my experience not that efficient.

lilyfield, May 19, 4:59pm
Janola works

lyma1, May 19, 6:42pm
I agree, 50% janola or supermarket brand, just as good, and 50% water.

harm_less, May 19, 7:01pm
Check out Bio-Shield. Cheaper than W&F and works well. I cleaned up a glasshouse after reassembling a very neglected one I purchased a few years back. Good results. https://www.mossremoval.co.nz/

greenfox, May 19, 7:15pm
I agree, goes under the name Domestic Cleaner at countdown supermarkets.

webworth, May 20, 12:28am
But you probably weren't employing the Chinese man to spray it on.

speeedy1, May 20, 12:46am
Wetn4get?
N-Dodecyl/tetradecyl-N,N-dimet-
hyl benzyl ammonium chloride ,aka
Benzododecinium chloride

30 Seconds Spray and Walkaway will rust steel. It is dilute Sodium hypochlorite.Same as Janola & lots of other products. Pool clean too but cheaper?

articferrit, May 20, 7:25am
I have used janola and applied it with my back pack weed sprayer.

omamari, May 20, 7:52am
This is the stuff. Forget Wet and Forget - it's over hyped and over priced