Trades in here please.

Page 2 / 2
briantamaki-god, Apr 14, 4:28am
as a tradie keep all animals away
I had to push an intercom to get the home owner to let me in and they said ill just put the dog away I could here the loud barking from the end of drive
but dont put thedog in the same room where I was working and as soon as I opened up the outside it rushed at me
or fluffy the red nosed pit bull that was tied up at the back but had enough hain to latch on as I stepped down of the ladder only let go when I hit it on the head with my hammer lucky it was just the bottom of my jeans no leg
keep all kids away especially when in a loud voice I say careful those tools are sharp don't just yellout and tell them to go away

kaddiew, Apr 14, 4:37am
That's impressive!

cagivachick1, Apr 14, 8:15am
my husband is working on a house where the owners have gone away for the school holidays, they left the wifes car smack bang in the middle of the drive way, its a carry everything in past the car job for every tradesman there

goodbooks, Apr 16, 9:53am
When you meet tradies to arrange for quotes, give them a written list of what you're wanting done (and keep a copy), so it's completely clear from the beginning. Include if you have items (light fittings, taps, etc. ) already.

golfdiver, Apr 16, 7:15pm
Amen to this, it is absolutely true.

ayjay1, Apr 20, 4:17am
Pay promptly. We just did a job for a guy and in my quote I had put terms of payment. $4000.00 at a certain stage and the balance 7days from completion. A week before we started he put $6500.00 in our account
the balance went in the day after we finished.
He drove me mad with his texts and phone calls (He lived in Auckland and the job was in Rotorua) but we went the extra mile for that guy. He was a bit of a gambler I guess but we are to smart to bite the hand that feeds us. We are on our second job for him now.

nukhelenc, Apr 20, 4:39am
Here is another great client even tho he has dogs that bark like no tomorrow and the house is the kennel, I said to him last week a deposit of $1000.00 would do.
Bang hes paid 5k straight up with the other half to come.

Oh and was at a house yesterday, 1 year old dog jumping all over me, snout up my shorts, gave me a playfull nip. I wonder when people will learn to keep the dogs away, My biggest pet hate is Dogs on jobs. Had to open and close 2 of the clients doors all the time while i had my hands full. GGGeeerrrrr

And yes as others have said above, full and final payment on time is always good. I don't have alot who are late payers, but i do get them. If im only doing small jobs im now starting to say its payment on completion, thats for jobs that i do within a day.

jefrys17, Jan 30, 11:00am
Basically don't be a nazi. If they leave a few lunch wrappers round the place or don't clean up all their debris it would be best to not get in their face about it. Its only going to make them dislike you and not give a damn about the quality of their work. 90% of tradies are professionals and take immense pride in their work. There is absolutely no requirement on you to go out of your way to make them happy, in fact many will find that uncomfortable. All you have to do is not piss them off by complaining or agitating them while their trying to work. You simply have to trust that they know what theyre doing and let them get on with it. But of course a cup of tea is nice. But a cup of tea from an arsehole is not going to help one bit.