Bidets - yes or no?

dbab, Feb 3, 2:27pm
What are people's experiences with the after market toilet seat bidets? Are they worth installing? Asking for a family member who is having some bowel incontinence issues due to hemorrhoids.

tygertung, Feb 3, 5:15pm
I don't have one of the toilet seat type, but picked up a handheld one when I was in Viet Nam. Really good for hygene as you are not trying to clean by dry rubbing, you spray with one hand and clean with the other and just dry off with an rag which you can chuck in the wash, or just use bog roll.

I close the shutoff valve to the hand spray unit every time though, as we have high pressure water here.

Much more comfortable if you are having any haemeroids, or just in general if you don't want a sore bum.

eljayv, Feb 3, 8:36pm
I saw these advertised here recently, good idea!

ira78, Feb 5, 10:36am
Hell yes. I would never want to be without one. Everyone should have one rather than scrubbing with mashed up plants like a caveman.

Real easy to install, if you have power convenient. Definitely get one with a heated seat, heated water.

dastedly, Feb 5, 10:46am
I get one ,set type one . ACC paid for it as I get shoulder injury . I would say yes it is really great . heats it own water ,has air dryer in it ,seat has heater all so . My one is engfield ep ones .there is alot of chep one out there I would not go there . I can say now my back end is cleanest ever been

dbab, Feb 5, 2:03pm
Thanks for the helpful comments.

emmbee, Feb 5, 3:24pm
I love mine, wouldnt be with out one. Just fill with warm water and sit and soak, ahh , heaven. especially for women !

hammer23, Feb 5, 10:18pm
we have one supplied free by the hospital but check first that the " hole" is the same size as your toilet seat or you may struggle to get your hand down to wipe your ? other wise all good.

emmbee, Feb 6, 12:42pm
P.S. mine is separate (not combined with toilet)

kitty179, Feb 6, 4:05pm
Isn't it the whole point that it makes wiping unnecessary?

hammer23, Feb 6, 10:14pm
Sadly in my house paper is still required to finish the job properly but in a refined household maybe not and in my westie mates house the nozzle off the garden hose is all that is needed. Spray and walk away.

starseeker, Aug 19, 1:57pm
I note that there are portable bidets on Google; basically water bottles with a spout attached.
I would suggest to ladies that there could be a danger of washing faecal matter forward into the vagina if one's aim was a bit off.