Quotes

elect70, Mar 26, 1:56pm
carefull what you get , i had 1.5 cu m conrete laid his quote included labour at 10 hours which was Ok but week later rang & asked when is he removing the boxing & taking the spoil away , to which he says i spent the 10 hours on the job rest is up to you &you own the boxing . Cross m him off my next job. Quotes are suppopsed to mean the whole job .So now ive got 1.5 m of rocky sandy soil to get rid of

pico42, Mar 26, 2:40pm
Quotes mean what they are said to mean. No limit to how much or how little it includes.
You might have expected the boxing to be removed. He might not. What did the scope say? Was it discussed? Or presumed?

mrsvonflik, Mar 26, 2:47pm
That’s a rip off.I would expect boxing to be removed.

amasser, Mar 26, 4:32pm
Best in writing but 10 hours seems excessive.

elect70, Mar 26, 6:12pm
quoted : 10 hours to excavate & box up & lay 1.5 cum concrete $1600 . "doesnt say take down boxing or remove spoil so thats his out .

marte, Mar 26, 6:31pm
Quote " Concrete laid"

hammer23, Mar 27, 12:17am
If someone else had quoted you $2000.00 and itemised that they would remove the boxing and take away the fill, which quote would you have accepted. The $1600.00 or the $2000.00.
The thing about a written quote is that it should be clearly stated what you are paying for,it's a bit like the ingratiates listed on the back of a tin of baked beans, clear for you to see what is in the tin. Best of luck next time.

tygertung, Mar 27, 8:46am
It would be a ripoff if the contractor took the boxing which you own. You'll be able to re-use it for your next project.

andrew1954, Mar 27, 10:47am
“I expected / I assumed”. Do not assume it makes an ASS out of U and ME.

Many years ago I put out a tender to have a concrete slab, for a double garage, laid. I very carefully wrote up a “Scope of Work” so that there was no misunderstanding on what I wanted. I also spelt out that there was no running water on site or electrical power, plus it would be possible but a bit tricky to get a readymix truck up to the slab site. A good experienced driver could do it !

elect70, Mar 27, 4:03pm
iwas electrical contractor for 35 years doid hundreds of quotes without specifying # of hours or exact material , it was accepted you did the whole job even if it meant took longer than expected SioI trusted this guy to to do complte job . Ah well know next time to get it all spelt out .

ryanm2, Mar 27, 4:20pm
A lot of quotes tag out removal of crap or remedial works. Half the customers presume you are stealing their stuff if you remove stuff from site.

apollo11, Aug 7, 5:18pm
The contractors I've had on site have always asked me if I want the spoil removed or the site cleaned. A bit of bad/miscommunication on the part of the contractor perhaps.
Advertise the dirt as free fill, someone might be willing to grab the boxing if it's free too.