Hi does anyone know where I can find one of these?

christin, Aug 23, 10:27am
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Dual-Appliance-Valve-for-Washing-Machine-Twin-Tap-Splitter-Dish-Washer-/251557971415

Probably looking under the wrong words. I like this one as it’s small. I want to run a dish washer and washing machine off the same tap. Thanks

tiles, Aug 23, 10:46am

lyl_guy, Aug 23, 10:48am

christin, Aug 23, 11:09am
Thank you, does it matter thar they have a tap for both rather than a switch on the first and nothing on the second,

I do like the one I’ve shown as it’s up and down vs y connection but others will do if I can’t find that. Just think slightly better for my hose layout

johotech, Aug 23, 12:07pm

christin, Aug 23, 12:59pm
I don’t think Those are right either? I assume o need two 15mm screw on male connections as I have two identical hoses to go on?

fast4motion, Aug 23, 1:14pm
You probably need two 20mm screw on male connections for the dishwasher and washing machine. The 15mm male connections above are likely for connecting a tap/mixer.

christin, Aug 23, 1:44pm
Thanks yeah figured in needed two the same. It’s the standard washing machine hoses. Not home now to check but looks like those above won’t be any good? The first ones maybe?

bottynoodle, Aug 23, 2:09pm
Ring your plumber,they will point you in the right direction.

fast4motion, Aug 23, 2:39pm
The one at #3 would work provided you already had a 20mm male screw connection, although it looks like a cheap plastic garden hose adaptor with an over-inflated price because they've labelled it as being for appliances.

One of the others would work with a 15mm female to 20mm male adaptor on the smaller outlet. You'd need to ensure you got an adaptor with a seat for the hose washer, not one designed for a crox fitting.

But I'd try Plumbing World first to see if they have one like your link in #1.

johotech, Aug 23, 5:31pm
I misunderstood. I thought it was a dishwasher and tap.

christin, Aug 23, 5:41pm
All good :-)

I have on wall laundry taps and washer on one side of tub and hoping to put dishwasher on the other so need to split the cold tap off,

One day I’ll do my kitchen but this will do till then!

christin, Aug 24, 9:08am
was just going to buy this one but they look like female outlets?

fast4motion, Aug 24, 9:48am
They're male outlets, just pictured with blanking caps on them. But being 15mm they're too small for dishwasher and washing machine hoses.

christin, Aug 24, 10:46am
Thanks. Bugger back to the drawing board - I need two x 20 mm?
I liked that up and down one vs The y ones as less kink in hose

christin, Aug 24, 10:51am
Or 26mm 3/4inch?

fast4motion, Aug 24, 11:04am
Yeah, you need two 20mm outlets. The 15mm one would work if you used 15mm to 20mm adaptors on the outlets. Copper adaptors are only a few dollars each and would only add about 10mm to the length. But you'd need to make sure they're suitable for the hose washers to seat on.

christin, Aug 24, 11:18am
thanks. that first one says 26mm / 3/4 inch and is specifically for appliance so thought maybe that size was needed, ive seen a few 3/4 inch ones around now need to find them again! or 20mm. will measure hose when i get home as at work now between jobs!

christin, Aug 24, 6:06pm
Okay just to complicate things I have now got dishwasher! I thought it would have standard hose like bench top one but it has one of these to go onto tap!

http://spares.bigwarehouse.com.au/product_info.php?products_id=653935

Is this possible? Argh. Thank you

skull, Aug 25, 12:35pm
That looks like an electrovalve so it is closed off unless the appliance is requesting water. Then the valve is activated to open the hose and supply water when the appliance is sending voltage to the valve. This is a safety device so you don't have pressure in the hose when the appliance is not in use. No floods when you are not there.

christin, Aug 25, 5:56pm
Thanks, I did t think it would fit on my tap but it may. It’s an aqua stop so yes does what you say

Going to hook up this weekend to check it works, have been told it does but have decided I’ll get a plumber in to put into under tub etc as nit too hard to find the right connection esp facing the right way! Will make sure it works before spending $300 on a plumber lol!

bottynoodle, Sep 6, 8:25am
Should have got the plumber in the very beginning,save yourself all this Twaddle! Men!

christin, Oct 1, 5:57pm
I’m not actually a man.

And yes I could have got a plumber in the beginning but I’m willing to try and if it was a simple fact of getting an adapter and putting on myself and saving a few hundred dollars (which when you are on your own with many other things needed to spend on Is a lot of money) I thought I’d give it a try.