My new frontloader

Page 2 / 2
amasser, Sep 21, 9:31am
Some people pay for exfoliation.

rak1, Sep 21, 6:06pm
The other thing to note is that (F&P, Bosch) front loaders use very little (25% approx) water so are not going to get any where near as much rinse or wash water. Front loaders are big water savers so families on water meters and tank supply, find them very economical.

angie117, Sep 23, 3:45pm
I have a Bosch front loader. And my towels came out hard after drying. Dried the vinegar didn’t work. But what does is to put them in the dryer for 20min before hanging them on the line. Towels come in lovely and soft.

wine-o-clock, Sep 23, 4:26pm
Not everyone owns/uses a drier!

sanders4, Sep 23, 5:36pm
Remember that no commercial laundry uses powder - most powders are loaded with a cheap filler called soda ash and this makes cotton feel like concrete. Buy some liquid detergent and you will be amazed at the softness and feel of cotton once again. Also best to use a line whenever possible - the most expensive additive in any laundry product are the optical brighteners, they need sun to work , not a dryer.

pasadena1, Sep 23, 7:14pm
Add a tablespoon of laundry crystals to each load.

lilyfield, Sep 23, 7:29pm
What are laundry crystals ? Do you mean washing soda?

Sanders4–
How come the top loader. Washing with cheapest detergent was always soft

sanders4, Sep 23, 8:16pm
We have used liquid laundry since 1999, about the same as most commercial laundries but we add ours by hand unlike the auto feeders.Have used top loaders until this year, google says that front loaders are expensive and seem to crash, so lets hope our secondhand $450 Samsung front loader works out.Water usage is less in front loader but ours runs off a tank so dont care, unless drought comes!

sanders4, Sep 23, 8:18pm
Add nothing to your wash pasadena, just buy a cheap liquid laundry detergent ,thats all you need.

wine-o-clock, Sep 24, 7:05am
i have tried evrything in this thread, apart from the drier. Nothing worked.

The best thing that showed a tiny bit of difference was shaking-and that stuffed me up, so wont be doing that now.

Next best thing was the wool wash cycle.

So, nothing really achieved at all

Its so bad that I'm not folding the towels and flannels-I'm bending them!

gerry90, Oct 4, 12:57pm
Hmm, this is all food for thought, we're thinking of buying a Bosch frontloader. We like all the benefits like uses less power and water, plus it heats its own water, not that I ever used hot washes . our laundry is in the garage where there's no hot water. But, I dont have a drier so will need to watch what happens to the towels.

tygertung, Oct 4, 1:24pm
Good thing about toploaders is though that you can easily put something in or rescue something mid cycle.

annie17111, Oct 5, 8:42pm
we went from a top loader to a front loader and I find our towels are fine. But I don't pay that much attention to them. We changed from liquid to powder, and powder is so much cheaper and gets things just as clean.

lilyfield, Oct 5, 8:52pm
So Wool wash cycle helps. So does shaking them.but being too old I find this exhausting
next time when towels are due I will try the detergent disolved in hot water( rather then buying new liquid stuff.
Towels are old without a sign of wear, so replacing them is rediculous.

I still miss the answer- why did this never happen in the toploader

zsazsa777, Oct 5, 8:58pm
Where do you put the washing soda? In with the soap powder or in the drum with the washing?

wine-o-clock, Oct 6, 6:44am
soda didnt work for me-i put it in the softner area

richardmm, Oct 6, 8:06am
Put them in drier for 10 mins to fluff them up and line dry. Don't use fabric softener as it can reduce the absorbency of the towels and it can gum up your washer over a long period of time.

pasadena1, Oct 10, 6:00pm
Damar or Greenwoods are the brands of washing soda crystals. You put it in the detergent dispenser along with the powder or liquid that you normally use, but you won't need to use as much.

yapper, Oct 14, 7:27pm
Haven't read all the replies, but Consumer magazine has this very thing in it this month. Says if you use an 'eco' or short wash, then it doesn't use as much water and this is the reason. What are you doing? Would be interested.

sarahb5, Oct 14, 10:31pm
Weird - I use 1/2 hour cycle in cold water using persil with white vinegar instead of softener and spin at 1200 rpm then line dry - have never had hard towels

huca1, Oct 23, 12:09pm
I wouldn't recommend one ours broke after 4.5 years Harvey Norman say that's all you can expect.

I've since read that Bosch have trouble making decent washing machines

tygertung, Sep 17, 4:07pm
They are trying to avoid their obligations under the consumer guarantees act, as goods should be durable. One would expect more than 4.5 years.