Looking for gumboots or the like

jan2242, Nov 23, 11:37am
I have damage to ankles and chronic heel pain, Is there any gumboots that are orthotic type? I have tried inserts in my redbands but they don't work very well. Has anyone come across anything that can help?

budgel, Nov 23, 2:49pm
I dont know of any gumboots that offer that, but was thinking that elastic compression socks may be able to help. They are available online or through a chemist if you dont mind paying more. Make sure you are wearing them when you try the gumboots on for size.

oh_hunnihunni, Nov 23, 3:41pm
I have a fused ankle, so gumboots were impossible to put on, but I found a pair of rubber gardening shoes with very low backs, almost mules, and they are perfect for tramping around in the wet and mud and very easy to ditch at the back door!. Gubba have them.

lythande1, Nov 23, 7:00pm
So do I but I find the Warehouse steel cap ones fine. they have a thick heel, I do buy one size too big though, due to my ankle.

jan2242, Nov 24, 7:23am
Thanks for the suggestions. The Warehouse ones sound ok, if they aren't too heavy?

joanie32, Nov 24, 7:52pm
Muck boots by swanndri

Like wearing really comfy sneakers.

Only boots I can wear.

ang_ck, Nov 25, 10:20am
imo, if you have an ankle problem, you do not want to wear gum boots. I know it is impossible, but you really need a good heel support boots.

lythande1, Nov 25, 11:32am
No not really, nice thick heels, I bought them for that not actually the steel cap. a good gumboot. they were Skellerup. try them on first and see how they feel for you.

jan2242, Nov 25, 12:06pm
They look great, and a sale on! Did you get the shoe or the boot?

joanie32, Sep 7, 1:54pm
I bought the boots, 3 years ago at fieldays

Highly recommended