Simple silver for spa

madoof1, Jul 25, 7:07pm
We just can’t get ours clean / clear. The water is green. We have brand new filters too. Please help

madoof1, Jun 16, 6:17am
Does anyone else use a simple silver block for their spa? We have just purchased one. Any advice?

harm_less, Jun 16, 3:55pm
We had a spa at our last place and used Simple Silver in it. Kept the water clear without any chlorine odours to ruin the spa experience.

The packs last about 12 months. When the water clarity starts declining you can tell the Simple Silver is about done. You can 'stretch' the life of the SS by doing a crash dose of pool chemicals but this does negate the point of using SS. We did have our spa on a timer - 3pm until midnight so that may have helped extend the SS life too.

sanders4, Jun 18, 8:11pm
Chlorine odour is a farce - chlorine has no smell. However chloramines do smell so an odour is caused by too little chlorine, hence the need for a regular shock dose. 30 years of water treatment by me has proven to be simple with the right type of chlorine and way cheaper than the many hailed and failed water treatment types over the years

harm_less, Jun 19, 10:15am

gedc, Jun 20, 8:13am
Been using it for 8 years. Just keep your filters clean. and use a filter cleaner to remove the oils from them. i.e don't just spray them out. I also add a little bit of granulated chlorine maybe after every 4th spa we have. Perfect water balance. Just works. but. it doesn't if you have dirty filters.

sanders4, Jun 20, 6:54pm
as stated insufficient chlorine, do some googling for the facts - chlorine has no smell!

harrislucinda, Jun 21, 11:05am
i just add about a dsp of spa chlorine in my spa every second day does.nt smell not like public swimming pools
was thinking about SS that is good for outdoor cold pool

stuffed, Oct 12, 2:47am
Do a chlorine and ph test every 2nd day and establish the minimum amount of chlorine and or ph up or down to add.
42 years of enjoyment - so far