Induction Cooktop Which One?

bluemoon31, Jul 24, 9:45pm
Upgrading our kitchen and getting rid of gas (too hard to clean) to go to Induction, which brand is best? What do you use? any advice would be appreciated.

johotech, Jul 24, 10:42pm
This is the one that I decided on for the new kitchen.
Mainly because of these features:
1. It has a separate slide control for each zone instead of one slide, and a selector for the zone (really annoying).
2. The zones are larger because they are square, and the two zones on each side can be linked and controlled as one for large pots.
3. It runs on a standard power supply of 32A.

https://www.fisherpaykel.com/nz/kitchen/cooking-appliances/cooktops/60cm-4-zone-touchslide-induction-cooktop-flex.CI604DTB3.html

ryanm2, Jul 25, 8:08am
Thru house moves over the last few years we have used Belling, Blanco and and Bosch. The Bosch unit by far was the best, we have since moved again and another Bosch unit will be going in.
We got this unit for $1598 from HN

https://www.harveynorman.co.nz/whiteware/premium-selection-en/bosch-en/bosch-60cm-induction-cooktop-en.html

ryanm2, Jul 25, 8:11am
We were eyeing up this model from Noel Leeming but I was put off by that chrome runner at the front, surely food and oil is gonna catch in it. I think any induction hob over $1500 is going to be very satisfactory for most people, our Belling cooked great , just a little noisy ( hum ) when cooking.

johotech, Jul 25, 8:30am
The stainless strip isn't really a problem.

They all have some hum. And I think it's worse with some light cookware, like aluminium pans that have a thin magnetic material underneath for induction. In general, the heavier the magnetic material the better.

lespat, Jul 25, 9:24am
We have an Electrolux and wouldn't have again. Don't know if all inductions are the same but ours annoyingly will switch off if there is even a smallish boil over.

wasgonna, Jul 25, 10:38am
Meile or Bosche in that order.

Just remember they only work with cast iron or steel pots and pans.

bluemoon31, Jul 25, 12:31pm
Thanks everyone, for your advice, it's really helpful. We were looking at an Electrolux 90cm FlexiBridge. But if they have a tendency to switch off, maybe we will look at Meile or Bosch. It is hard to find a good model at 90cm.

vivac, Jul 25, 1:25pm
Be aware of the power requirements more than anything.
I have had a customer turn up with a lovely new induction cooktop with thier kitchen built to suit that they had to return.
It needed a 63A supply, the same as the main supply from the street for the entire house.

woody89, Oct 12, 8:14am
Had a Bosch for a long time, something like 15+ years. Only just had to have a serviceman attend. Was a quick, easy fix & turned out to be arcing caused by rodent. (Joy of country living lol). About to have renovations done & will definitely have Bosch again. Is quiet & quick & no issues ever.