How wide is a small digger?

christin, Apr 20, 8:53am
im about to put up a fence across part of my section for the dog, just a black perimter fence.

im hoping to get my paving relaid in the next few months. this requires a small digger to excavate. I dont know much about diggers, but wondering if a small digger will fit through a gate 975 wide?

Potential paver asked what access is like so want to take this into consideration before i block off the back lawn!

thank you.

harm_less, Apr 20, 9:06am
Dingo have one of the smallest diggers but 975mm access isn't doable for them by the looks: http://dingo.co.nz/k9-p/

dutchess46, Apr 20, 2:02pm

christin, Apr 20, 4:05pm
Thanks. I think my initial gate , before getting to potential fence area is 1m or so not sure it will even get through that!

May have to wait till paving is done. Bugger was hoping to have up before winter

Thanks

dutchess46, Apr 20, 5:58pm
That one comes in to 91cm

christin, Apr 20, 6:16pm
Thanks, will sugggest to paver just thought he may have a preferred one, but can only try :-)

aggy3, Apr 21, 6:26am
most 1.8 ton diggers have tracks that come in to 1mtr wide, my kobelco does

hammer23, Apr 22, 7:51am
Dig it by hand,say 30min a day and at the end of the week you will be surprised how much you have achieved. This is how I have done those "diffucult" jobs and is has worked out o.k. Start today. Alternatively you could get student job search on the job,they also are o.k

jan2242, Apr 22, 9:57am
Could you leave part in a temporary fence till the digger has been and gone? That way the dog is secure and the digger will fit when needed. Finish the fence after?

voyager4, Apr 22, 12:38pm
OP - that's a bit like asking 'how long is a piece of string'.

tegretol, Jul 31, 12:02pm
My Yanmar Vio15 is 946 max but when the tracks are pulled in, it will fit thru an 800mm space. So just ask the digger driver. Or see if #8 has a spare week to do it by hand for you!