Flexi Bin

ira78, Oct 31, 12:59pm
Anyone have thoughts on flexibins?

Thinking around this xmas I might get one to throw rubbish in from around the yard. Not really getting a good image in my head how much will fit in them compared to what I've got already and still need to chop. But $200ish for the 2 or 3m bin would be 10+ trips to the tip. Save me trying to jam it all into the back of my Terrano though.

spacekids, Oct 31, 1:20pm
i thought flexibins went by weight. So you would need to factor that in too.

oh_hunnihunni, Oct 31, 3:35pm
It was an excellent solution here when a neighbour had a kitchen fire and decided a cleanout was in order. The bin itself was well full when the truck came and the driver had a challenge on his hands, but no one sent her any top up bill, she just paid what she paid to get the bin itself from the supermarket.

ira78, Oct 31, 4:49pm
From their site it looks like for Wellington the 2m bin is $90, unless it's over weight.

trade4us2, Oct 31, 5:49pm
You have to be careful what bin you have bought, when you want to empty it. There's a green waste only bin and a general rubbish bin, and several sizes of those. The person on the phone don't seem to know that. And the size of the bin is so small you will have trouble finding it.
I find it easier and free to just put the rubbish in my council bin for about 5 weeks.

ira78, Oct 31, 9:32pm
There is no council bin here, and it would be most of the year filling my wheely bin with rubbish to get rid of it.

dansac, Nov 1, 11:32am
I have used the general waste one, on numerous occasions and used all of the sizes. At present I have a partially full 3 metre one. When it is full I pay for pickup, online, they pick up within one week of payment. Never had any issues never had a top up bill, for being over weight, just ensure you place it so the truck can pick it up.

catbrat, Nov 1, 1:41pm
are they the ones that are bags?
if so I have used them 3 times before I have also had bins
advantage of th bag is you have more time rather than having to fill it by a
certain time I found the bags held just as much

ira78, Nov 3, 7:46am
Yup, big bags.

amasser, Nov 3, 1:18pm
Hire a shredder and use as mulch?

ira78, Nov 3, 6:56pm
I have a mulcher. I've spend days every christmas for years mulching crap up and then trying to find places to put it, overfilling every garden, under every bush, and making heaps of runs to the tip.

This year I'd like to just get rid of it.

mumsrule, Nov 5, 7:34am
I have used Readybin a couple of time. They are great when you want to have a good cleanup. Cheaper and more convienient than a skip bin as you can have them as long as you need.

megan109, Nov 5, 9:02am
The trouble with getting a skip bin is the neighbours start putting their rubbish in it without asking so you end up with a lot of other people's muck that you are paying for.

ttaotua1, Sep 12, 4:15pm
I got the red one once and I found out you need a lot of clearance for the truck to be able to pick it up because we have a tree on the side of the footpath and it broke quite a few branches so I ended up getting a skip after that.