Spouting drips

eljayv, Apr 9, 1:15pm
There is a piece of spouting, expansion joint I think it’s called, just over our back door and rain collects there which at certain times means that a large drop of water drips on my head just as I get outside. Is there anything I can do to correct this myself please?

bryshaw, Apr 9, 3:53pm
Presuming the spouting is not blocked by leaves then the joint can be sealed with any product that is waterproof.

john7891, Apr 9, 4:59pm
Wear a hat

nzshooter01, Apr 9, 6:57pm
Is it plastic spouting?

budgel, Apr 9, 7:04pm
Presuming that there are no actual faults in the system; Get another length of spouting and insert a join further back so that the expansion joint is not over your walkway by moving its position.

skull, Apr 9, 8:28pm
If it's plastic spouting budgels solution is a good option. Ours is weeping at a few of the expansion joints now plus one of the end caps. For me the proper solution should be to replace the whole lot, it's probably 30 years old now and the plastic has gone very brittle these days and I expect shrinking some pressure off the expansion joint seals.

eljayv, Apr 9, 9:10pm
Yes and I wonder if the expansion piece could be easily replaced

amasser, Apr 10, 9:51am
A piece of string from the drip point, leading away from the danger zone.

budgel, Apr 10, 10:48am
Yes, but how long?

nzshooter01, Apr 10, 3:03pm
Yes move the offending piece or do away with it.
Im not aware of any silicon product that will stick to pvc

hazelnut2, Aug 3, 11:40am
Twice as long as half of it! lol

Was staying in Dunners at that castle place and it rained. There was this horrible drip right outside our balcony door and I couldn't sleep, so created a drip-tip out of their long decorative ribbon (tied around a pillow) by sticking a safety pin through the ribbon and jamming the pin into the hole the drip was coming from. The water ran down the ribbon onto the outdoor seat.

Ahhh! peace!