Wind up adjustable clothsline how do you

krames, Oct 17, 8:00pm
make it lower.
Can you pull the winder bit apart and cut a length say 150mm off one of the pipe lengths and put back together.
Old lady cant reach up anymore.
Any other options/ideas?

snoopy221, Oct 17, 8:11pm
make it lower.
Can you pull the winder bit apart and cut a length say 150mm off

The BOTTOM one lol

Note the top section can be removed. I.E. the center pipe-as the top section is 2 pipes the bottom section is only one.
Coupla peeps and a coupla chairs and lift the top off-and simply undo the bottom nuts on the winder section lift winder and top outer section off cut with grinder and re-assemble.
Kapeech?

krames, Oct 17, 8:20pm
are you saying cut the bottom?I thought the bottom bit had a heavy duty washer that part of the winder pushed off on?

snoopy221, Oct 17, 8:25pm
READ

the top section is 2 pipes the bottom section is only one.

The **WINDER** On a hills rotary clothes line is in the middle and winds the inner of the 2 top pipes up.

KAPEESH?

krames, Oct 17, 8:33pm
so you cant cut the top of the top part as it has the corrugated bit that acts to stop it spinning when fully down yea?
so cut the bottom of the top section first removing it from the winder box?

snoopy221, Oct 17, 8:43pm
Sheesh go out to it and wind it up
OBSERVE
As written.
The **winder** mechanism in the MIDDLE.
OF the unit.
winds the INNER of the TWO

TOP pipes up

AGAIN.
Lift out inner top pipe.
Loosen 4 bolts on bottom of winder mechanism.
remove winder mechanism and top outer pipe.
CUT required lowering amount from SINGLE lower pipe.
RE-ASSEMBLE.
AGAIN

make it lower.
Can you pull the winder bit apart and cut a length say 150mm off

The BOTTOM one lol

Note the top section can be removed. I.E. the center pipe-as the top section is 2 pipes the bottom section is only one.
Coupla peeps and a coupla chairs and lift the top off-and simply undo the bottom nuts on the winder section lift winder and top outer section off cut with grinder and re-assemble.
Kapeech?

snoopy221 (399 399 positive feedback) 8:11 pm, Tue 17 Oct #2

snoopy221, Oct 17, 8:44pm
note.
Lift out inner top pipe.
Means the WHOLE top section lines and all

(tHE BIT THAT WINDS UP- IF YA look- aS YA WIND IT UP)

krames, Oct 17, 8:56pm
the single lower pipe has a welded washer,once you cut that it wont go up or down

snoopy221, Oct 17, 9:00pm
green colour?
OR older and aluminum winder box?
[Have had many older ones apart and they are as i state with the actual washer on the bottom of the inner top pipe]

Design worked so well doubt it would have changed.

snoopy221, Oct 17, 9:00pm
Upload some pictures.

krames, Oct 17, 9:03pm
thanks for your time

tegretol, Oct 18, 12:16am
Buy her a pair of high heels or even a wee stool. Far easier than butchering the post.

pauldw, Oct 18, 6:35am
The Hills site has instructions with pictures. The vertical bit of a Hills hoist is bottom main standard below winder that you normally set height by hole depth, top main standard above winder and secondary standard that moves up and down. The moving pipe has the washer for the rack to push on.

annies3, Oct 18, 9:48am
It is not too difficult to dig the line right out of the ground then dig the hole deeper and replace the whole thing back into the ground, use some quick set concrete around the bottom hole when you have it the correct height.

annies3, Oct 18, 9:50am
Of course it is easier to remove it from the ground if you have lifted the top section off first.
I am only 149cm so I know how it feels not to be able to reach !

trade4us2, Oct 18, 10:56am
Put a stool in the ground with a handrail right around it, and a place to put the washing basket.

krames, Mar 4, 1:58am
great,smmes i can cut the bottom bit down once removing top and winder from it