Do Irises.

beebb3, Nov 8, 8:54am
Revert back? I bought a very pretty tall bearded iris from trademe 2 years ago - Art Deco - was a purple/blue and white and it flowered last year for the first time good as gold. This year it has reverted to a bland of plain purply colour. Would anybody know why please?

(Did enter this post but had Dahlia instead! What was I thinking lol) Thankyou to those that replied.

oh_hunnihunni, Nov 8, 9:04am
Yes. If you move irises they often flower white and then regain colour in later years. They resent being moved, but will recover once given a chance to develop a good clump.

harrislucinda, Nov 8, 9:08am
my few i have have always stayed true to colour deep velvet purple have a pale one as well not flowered as seems to get knocked around with weeding

oh_hunnihunni, Nov 8, 9:35am

chelseabird, Nov 8, 12:32pm
Add me to the list. Gutted I was to find my beautiful Iris's that cost me a bomb have all reverted to that wishy washy purple. Yes I moved them from Taranaki but when I googled the problem, these so called experts all said they cannot change colour. Hmmmm yeah okay.
This is their second year flowering here and same purple again.

quane1, Nov 29, 11:01pm
This is not good news for me! I bought a selection of my favorites when I moved. If my much treasured salmon bearded iris turns purple I will be very angry with the iris gods.

kiwimade64, Nov 30, 7:11am
I have a salmon iris if you need to buy another quane1, the clump is big and I need to start dividing.

I have never heard of iris' reverting back, what a pain in the proverbial.

Thanks for the info, I know now not to buy the variegated flowering ones.

samanya, Nov 30, 11:41am
I get the odd iris, in well established clumps, that will have one piddly little white flower.

amph981, Feb 1, 7:16am
I have a few iris in my garden, various colours but last year in another garden to the back of house I had one flower, a gorgeous red no idea where it came from, the ones that have been in there for years don't flower. this year I have had white ones in a pot flower, then another spike came up a beautiful rust/tan colour and I have no idea where that came from either. I know who gave me what colours, but not with the red or rust. I tend to pop bits and pieces people give me all over the place but have no idea with these two.