Rhubarb - Container

minfo, Oct 27, 8:08am
Can Rhubarb be grown successfully in a container!not in a garden. I would like to plant some in a tall earthenware container.

littlemissy1, Oct 27, 9:16am
I planted mine into a big tin bucket and it loves it.Was looking really sad when it was given to me and now it looks lush and healthy =)

minfo, Oct 28, 1:00am
Thankyou for that 'littlemissy1', went to Garden Centre this morning and they advised me to place the rhubarb in a large container.

littlemissy1, Oct 28, 1:16am
Ah well that will be why mine looks so happy! When I put it in there I really thought it wasn't going to live but the new growth keeps coming so Im very pleased. Havent had rhubarb for years so I am looking forward to the first pick!

leeann38, Oct 28, 7:16am
Do mitre 10 sell rhubarb plants, thank

littlemissy1, Oct 28, 8:02am
Im pretty sure they do leeann38, most garden centre's would too.I was lucky enough to be given a hunk off someone else's plant. Plants and seeds on here as well =)

malcovy, Oct 28, 8:23am
Yes Mitre 10 do and they are selling the Moulin Rouge variety for approx $13

leeann38, Oct 28, 9:04am
cheers thanks for your help. Not like my other post. I live rural and thought i would ask.

minfo, Oct 29, 12:07am
Yes my understanding (like the others on this thread) is that Mitre 10 and Bunnings in our town sell the rhubarb plants, although I purchased mine from a Garden Centre here in Dunedin which I find hard to stay away from as they are selling some gorgeous stuff at the moment.
Thankyou so much to all of you for your contributions.

dolphin101, Oct 30, 6:47am
i brought a 2 great big plastic contanersdrilled holes in 1 and planted rhubarb i it 4 years ago and start another last year and they both are going great more rhubarb then we can use so it is great