Solvent needed for dried on exopy resin

haverstock1, Dec 15, 7:49pm
Is there such a thing! I got a bit on a pretty new cotton top and it has left a yellowish stain. Be grateful for any assistance.

budgel, Dec 15, 8:35pm
No such thing that wont destroy the garment.

haverstock1, Dec 16, 3:27am
.sigh(but thanks anyway)

lythande1, Dec 16, 3:59am
Isopropyl Alcohol.

kandjaja, Dec 16, 8:39am
If its dried epoxy, nothing will remove it

gyrogearloose, Dec 16, 8:50am
If the epoxy hadn't been mixed with hardener and was still sticky, acetone would dissolve it, but I think you'd only be left with a cotton top suitable for painting, gardening or fishing.

trade4us2, Dec 16, 9:17am
We used to dissolve epoxy in about 1968 using something from the gas works. I think it was called Tergasol but that could be wrong. I think it's probably banned now since it would dissolve almost anything except probably cotton!.

mm12345, Dec 16, 9:29am
Methylene Chloride (aka dichoromethane) will soften cured epoxy resin.Isopropyl alcohol and acetone won't.
Some commercial paint strippers are methylene chloride based.It's nasty stuff - don't inhale or get on your skin.

mkbooks, Dec 16, 8:25pm
Take it to the dry cleaners, they have safer solvent options thansuggested here. I did get fibre glass off a skirt with wool mix, soaked, rubbed it in then washed it. Took a couple of washes but did come off.
Eucalyptus oil is a solvent of course

elect70, Dec 17, 3:17am
MEKMethel ethel ketoneif you can find somedisolves anythingeven hardened paint& plastic .

texastwo, Dec 17, 8:44pm
If it is dried on Epoxy resin and hasnt soaked all the way into the garment you may be able to remove it by warming it with a hair drier and peeling it off, but if it has stained the garment I guess its not removeanble. Maybe a Dry Cleaner-they will at least tell you if they can do it or not