Decent Gumboots. I live in Hamilton

clair4, Jan 29, 2:53pm
snd want to buy some decent short gumboots. Not interested in cheap ones.
I would prefer 1/2 boots. As I am unsteady on my legs, I do need good sturdy boots for working on even ground. Would Hardware stores stock them or garden centres? Thanks for looking.

zeta7, Jan 29, 3:06pm
red bands from farmlands or bunnines expense but will last you for years make sure you buy the ones with the red not the blue

maclad, Jan 29, 3:27pm
Same here, I use mine regularly and first pair lasted 10 years, about.

tibby1947, Jan 29, 4:21pm
Skellerup from Warehouse. Usually wear my soles out before boots leak, other W’house cheaper boots are poor and they split on creases.

golfdiver, Jan 29, 5:47pm
Get some of these, not cheap but they last for years and are comfortable and supportive
https://store.nzfarmsource.co.nz/catalog/skellerup-quatro-gumboots-knee/237353

strathview, Jan 30, 8:30am
Go to farmlands or PGG Wrightsons and buy red bands.

venna2, Jan 30, 9:07am
I wear Skellerup, bought at Mitre 10 Mega, they remind me of the gumboots I wore many years ago. I first bought cheap Warehouse ones but they were utterly hopeless.

mrgts4, Jan 30, 10:29am
Skellerup 4x4 power are great. They come up to your calf, if you want longer they also do the same that come over your calf. Get them from farmlands or pgg wrightsons

olymp, Jan 30, 12:48pm
Check the boots when looking, if "To High" see if a second band is about 2 inches from the top.
This is to let you cut round and lower the height and still have a top strength rim. Go the Red Bands 15 years casul use and still good.

holly-rocks, Jan 30, 2:08pm
Red bands, been wearing them for years!

firob, Feb 1, 12:37am
If your lucky enough to still have a Para store handy they still stock the Skellerup gumboots.

goose16, Feb 1, 11:26am
WE use Muck boots which you can buy on the Swandri website. Very comfortable and hardy. We can work on our feet all day with these no problem.

nukhelenc, Feb 2, 3:55pm
Redbands are shit for walking up wet grass on a moderate to steep slope. Yall be on ya face in no time.

cameron-albany, Jan 3, 5:49am
Absolutely agree - I have had my Skellerup ones for several years and they are GREAT. They are a good firm fit, won't slip around, yet are easy on and off. Really sturdy reinforced sole and the boot-part doesn't flap about.
Redbands are ok, they last a long time, but I don't think they have the snugger fit that the OP obviously needs.