Roundup sprayed amongst vegetables

cranberry12, Apr 1, 9:11pm
So my idiot brother sprayed weeds in amongst my mothers beautiful organic vegetables. If they survive are they edible after a few weeks or so or should they not be eaten at all?

lythande1, Apr 2, 7:24am
You already asked this, no need to post all over.
No it doesn't stay there, wait and see if veges affected.

finelawns, Apr 2, 7:44am
Well it’s no longer a organic veggie garden. You will find much to read about Monsanto and their carsegenitec sprays to make your own decision on consuming your vegetables.

b.a.m, Apr 2, 8:18am
They will be fine.
Roundup is no more carcinogenic than eating unsprayed vegetables

cranberry12, Apr 2, 12:32pm
I'll post it wherever I like.

wind.turbine, Apr 2, 1:28pm
if they die, they die, but if not all good, glyphosate deactivates in contact with soil

andrew1954, Apr 2, 1:45pm
If the sparying was like recent, you could perhaps give them a dam good drenching of water, to at least attempt to wash away any residue still on the leaf surface. you could hope that your brother, who has been careless with the spray application was also careless in the mixing of the spray and has made a weak brew !

articferrit, Apr 2, 2:22pm
If he only sprayed the weeds then your veges are all ok, leave it for 10 days if you want and you will soon see what has been affected and what hasnt and you can eat all the veges that arent dying, the garden is no longer technically organic, but if its a home garden dispose of all the plants you have to throw out by not composting them, put them in the garden waste bins, and carry on as normal.

flancrest, Apr 3, 9:44pm
What a load of rubbish. Educate yourself. At least learn how to spell carcinogenic before you start wrongly applying it to things.

bill1451, Nov 29, 11:11pm
one too many tuis I think, then gets on & trolls