Caesarstone bench tops. daily upkeep?

cagivachick1, Nov 29, 7:00pm
anybody got one whats involved in keeping it clean stc, will red wine stain it? looking at a new kitchen and will go with stone tops but not sure whats best

woody89, Nov 29, 8:07pm
I had a beautiful Marbello stone benchtop & loved it. Upkeep was as simple as wiping it down when the dishes etc were done. Never had issues with staining. Someone did drop something (no trades person on site admitted to it so not sure what) on it which took a chip out but it was repairable by the installer. Nothing else damaged it again. Would have one again next time a new kitchen happens!

cagivachick1, Dec 1, 4:59pm
thanks. any one else?

wine-o-clock, Dec 1, 7:13pm
drink white wine or champagne instead-won't stain

cagivachick1, Dec 1, 8:55pm
can you get white wine in a box?

wine-o-clock, Dec 1, 9:01pm
yep-its called chateux de cardboard

mlarkin, Dec 1, 9:05pm
Have cream caesarstone bench with random marble effect in a light rust - been in just over 2 years and very pleased with it. Wipe with damp cloth and I use glass cleaner occasionally (say once in 2 weeks)and retain polish. If the bench and sink is under window facing east or west(low sun glare) would not suggest white, and black shows all the marks. Capricorngirl

mlarkin, Dec 1, 9:06pm
Also forgot to mention, we made sure no sharp corners to benchtops as it is a "walk thru" kitchen - corners are "champered" Capricorngirl

molly37, Dec 2, 4:09am
Ours is white with flecks engineered stone. 4 years now. Still perfect. The installer suggested Jif and he was right. I find beetroot and curry spills will stain lightly, but rub off immediately with Jif. I've seen others that are dark that are more difficult to upkeep as they show smears. So thats something to consider.

j96, Jan 30, 12:42am
We just had one installed, went for matt finish rather than gloss and its great, no smear marks at all. I've just used one of those magic sponges on it for anything that water doesnt wipe off