Rotten flu

danchop, Apr 18, 10:54am
Copper flu on an Oregon potbelly is rotten 30 cm from the base.Can I cut the rotten segment and somehow it just drops down and I'm all go?
Also a few birds were up it I spose ,I've thought of high pressure hose from top,burning them out?
I'm a long way from town,so tradesmen will charge a big call out fee without discounting the scenic drive here

starseeker, Apr 18, 5:05pm
Flu is a disease
Flue - chimney

danchop, Apr 18, 6:21pm
Thought it didn't look right,erased it and put flew but that looked a whole lot less grammer wise so changed it back.
Didn't even register at the time adding a bloody e,but all is clear now

zak410, Apr 18, 7:54pm
It must be stainless flue turned copper colour ?
Best to buy one length online and change it.

danchop, Apr 18, 8:01pm
Probably,first section length looks to be about 1m?and is welded to the next section?

zak410, Apr 18, 8:43pm
No, they slide-in each others, you should be able to lift the next section up once you remove the pop rivets/screws, if any, joining the sections.

ira78, Apr 18, 9:17pm
I was a little confused at first too, given it's getting to be flu season and flue season.

danchop, Apr 18, 9:27pm
It's definitely welded at the first join,all the way round like a MIG/Tig thing does

golfdiver, Apr 19, 6:21am
Got a pic?

budgel, Nov 23, 1:17pm
If it has rotted out part way up, what sort of condition do you think the rest of it will be in? Most flue pipes are crimped at the end to reduce the size enough to fit into the adjoining piece.