Lysimachia clethroides

colin433, Oct 11, 2:32pm
commonly known a goose neck or loosestrife.

Does anyone have any. I know it grows like a weed, and spreads like wildfire, but I want some.
If you have any, could you reply on here, then list it, and I'll buy off you, but not at $9 a plant which is the price Owens Nursery wants, plus $14 for postage to a rural address. At that price I'll do without it.

docsportello, Oct 11, 2:57pm
Is it the plant shape, or the colour you want? Just before you go planting potentially invasive plants, have you thought of trying lysimachia atropurpurea? Same shape, same growing conditions, but dark purple and not invasive.

meetee, Oct 11, 4:11pm
I have some colin433. I haven't got any potted but could post a good sized piece in a $3 postbag. I sell most of my perennials for $3.

colin433, Oct 12, 8:15pm
I see you don't have any listings at the moment. So how do I get my plant from you. I'd be most interested.
Thankyou for your reply.

colin433, Oct 12, 8:25pm
that sounds like an interesting plant also. Do you have any in your garden. googling resulted in only overseas options to buy.
I'd be happy to have both varieties if you were willing to sell me some. I have a small area where clethroides couldn't escape from, but I never found it a problem to control when I had it.
I love the pure white, and had a huge patch of it when I lived near Whangarei. Unfortunately when we were moving I didn't think to take a few stems with me. We were moving for a year or so into a property with absolutely nowhere to plant anything. All we had was a concrete driveway.

meetee, Oct 12, 8:42pm
I was waiting to see if you were interested in a plant from me first. I will put up a listing tomorrow.

colin433, Oct 12, 8:43pm
thankyou meetee. I'll put a reminder on my computer and visit you tomorrow.

piquant, Oct 12, 9:21pm
Colin433 - you can see the plant by looking at Listing #: 1435569403 but that is for seed. However, you can get the plant from Puriri Lane Nursery in Drury or email debbieandclive@xtra.co.nz or if you are closer they are at the Clevedon Farmers Market on a sunday morning. It is very nice.

docsportello, Oct 13, 7:01am
I've planted all mine, sorry. They grow pretty quickly from seed, available from Kings or Egmont.

colin433, Oct 13, 9:25am
thankyou, THANKYOU, piquant. I've ordered the seeds. Pity I live in paradise, up the coast from Opotiki, too far to go to the Clevedon markets.
I had a stall at the Whangarei markets from the day they opened, for six years, then we moved. I sold clethroides in with other flowrs in bouquets every week when it was in flower and people came back weekly to buy more. They said it was one of the best keeping cut flowers they'd had,
then I sold (10c a stem unrooted) stems of the plant. I was swamped with orders, but was well able to provide them
Oh tohave my two acres back, but at 78 I have to be satisfied with mostly container gardening

oh_hunnihunni, Oct 13, 9:50am
It's such a challenge isn't it? I'm constantly having to say 'no, you can't have that, there's just no more room'.

Then I get it anyway, lol.

meetee, Oct 13, 10:32am
I have put up an auction for you Colin. I find with lysimachia clethroides that its ability to spread is determined by the soil. In heavy soil it doesn't get out of control the way it can in light sandy soil. It isn't a plant you want just a small bit of anyway - it looks so good in mass.

colin433, Oct 13, 1:47pm
I've bravely made a transfer via internet banking. I hope it comes through.
let me know at aw28021939@gmail.com if it's not in your account soon.
I know it's almost indestructible, but seeing it's taken me so long to find it, I'm happy to wait till early next week for you to post it to make sure it's alive when it arrives. Your postage price seems a bit low, we're rural, let me know if you need more money
Thanks, you're an angel.
BTW it will be planted in potting mix, but possibly in a large pot so it wont escape here.

colin433, Oct 13, 1:49pm
try gardening where there is only enough soil for feijoa trees, ornamentals have to live in planter boxes, even a rhubarb plant went in a huge planter that we had.

colin433, Oct 13, 1:49pm
I feel so blessed today

macandrosie, Mar 5, 10:04pm
Have plenty in Southland & don't find as invasive as Solomans Seal. If you need more I'm happy to dig you some.