Using a RCD then this.

nzjay, May 9, 9:39am
Only surge protected. Not RCD protected.

aj.2., May 9, 9:42am
This.
Not suitable for out side use.

budgel, May 9, 10:32am
Are you sure? HPM make one the same with an RCD instead of the three pin plug. I have one. My one trips if there is a fault, as it should.

What the OP is doing is essentially the same as the HPM manufactured one without it being hardwired.

johotech, May 9, 10:50am
If you plug that box into a RCD, then all the outlets on that box will be RCD protected.

stevo2, May 9, 5:41pm
^^ THIS ^^

tintop, May 9, 10:52pm
Or you can replace the 3 pin plug with a RCD type.

See pic on top right. :
http://www.hpm.co.nz/Products.aspx?pid=341

There are some models of RCD plug that unlatch when they are removed from the supply, other types maintain continuity when unplugged.

aj.2., May 10, 3:18am
I Question this, from a safety point of view, best get the ones that click out, so that you re test the circuit when you plug it back in, but then you should test them every so time, but how many do that ?.
Yes I do, but that's my manor, as I have had 1 fail to trip, . It was a faulty unit.

pc_uncorrect, May 10, 6:05am
What if the Main-House has RCCB (residual-current circuit breaker) and you plug in an RCD (similar or same as link in post #9i) nto the Main-House wall socket, which one (RCCB or RCD) would detect fault first?

aj.2., May 10, 6:08am
Does not matter, but milli seconds in it, so long as you use a rcd , then all good.

farside03, May 10, 6:20am
If your power circuit is RCD protected at the distribution board, then the plug in RCD's are unnecessary, unless they have a lower trip current. The most sensitive RCD will trip first. If both are the same rating then it will be anyone??

ryanm2, May 10, 6:27am
do a ramp test and see what one trips first. We have had some 30mA rcds trip at 12mA. Pain in the arse when lots of computers are plugged in all with earth leakage. (we replaced the unit)

pc_uncorrect, May 10, 6:30am
Very informative & helpful, much appreciated.

tintop, May 10, 8:51am
The only problem I had was that I had a container with a de-humidifier inside, it was in a friends paddock, and on the end of an extension plugged into an outlet in his garage. If he used the outlet he didn't always remember to reset the RCD when he plugged it back in. So I replaced it with a non trip one.

210sback, May 10, 9:09am
your coming up short with all your posts,why would it not be suitable for outside if it's plugged into an rcd?your post in the farming section regarding single phase to 3 phase was amateur.stick to the garden diy son.your coming up short on the electrical.

ryanm2, May 10, 8:28pm
Those boss multi boards are not suitable for outdoor use. The plugs face upwards which allows moisture, grit etc to enter the unit. They are not IP rated as well. The newer boss boards have a twist and close plug entry but still not IP rated.

210sback, Jan 13, 1:06pm
yea the point I was making was,yes the box is rcd covered if plugged into an rcd plug not overload/surge only as aj was saying so fine to use outside as a multi box however not as a permanent weather protected PowerPoint.