Why only 4 outlets per run of 2.5mm cable?

Page 2 / 2
nzjay, May 13, 11:36am
This is correct.
But practical common sense prevails, and one would be conscious of the potential usage of points on a particular circuit when installing the wiring.
That's why you hire a good electrician.

vivac, May 13, 11:49am
So what stops you refitting the outlets where the blank plates are now?
Your inspector seems a little "off".

t_naki, May 13, 6:17pm
Modernise?

Ring mains are hardly a new idea.

t_naki, May 13, 6:19pm
In reality, depending on the cable length, OP could have put all 10 sockets on the same circuit and would most likely never had any problems. It sounds to me like an inspector who either does not know the rules or has a philosophical opposition to home owners doing prescribed work and so enjoying making someone jump through hoops

pauldw, May 13, 7:10pm
The inspector would have to use the Standards where they are tighter than ECP51 but wouldn't any limits in ECP51 also apply as that is what the Regs tell the homeowner to use? This inspector however is using numbers that don't appear in either Standards or ECP.

russ18, May 13, 7:42pm
Hope you haven't paid him yet, if he wont change his mind or back it up with an actual rule then don't pay him, return his coc and get someone else.

sarmajor, May 14, 8:32am
It makes me a bit crazy when I read about crap like this from supposedly professional people. Your inspector is / was wrong. There is no maximum number of power points that can be wired in a circuit protected by a circuit breaker.
Always ask the inspector to quote a regulation or standards section to back up his words.
As mentioned above ECP51 is a guide for homeowners work under the homeowners exemption in the Electrical (Safety) Regulations 2010 Regulation 57.

vivac, May 14, 9:04am
But to be fair, ECP51 should be stripped back to a few lines of text.

johotech, May 14, 9:05am
"Hire an electrician" or "Sleep with an electrician - we need more of them"

moltenfire, May 18, 11:13pm
Thanks. Second inspector 100% happy COC now obtained.

johotech, May 19, 5:32am
How about the first one? Unhappy?

fhpottery, May 21, 5:56am
Any takers for a widowed inspector? Hope your bed comfy and I like a regulation book and ECP book by the bed to read. (Not)
Some standards for light reading good.

moltenfire, May 22, 2:48am
Doubt I'll ever get to ask her.

russ18, May 22, 2:49am
Her? Well there's ya problem.

moltenfire, May 22, 4:08am
Which is what?

russ18, May 22, 4:45am
Inspector got a bit giddy?

johotech, May 22, 6:32am
Maybe you should introduce her to #37. He might be able to thrash a bit of knowledge into her.

johotech, Jan 4, 4:59pm
But seriously, did you tell her you weren't going to pay her? Are you expecting a letter from Baycorp?