F & P refrigerator

whistlingwings, May 10, 8:57am
How do I access the drain cup inside the fridge to clean. Water is pooling in the bottom of the fridge. From the outside at the back of the fridge I have pushed a piece of wire up inside the hose that runs down the back of the fridge but the pipe is still blocked. I need to get to the inside piece to clean. There is a fixed plastic cover concealing the drain cup . Not sure how to remove this plastic cover.

pamow69, May 10, 9:00am
Model number may help. All models are different.

whistlingwings, May 10, 8:04pm
It is a Fisher and Paykel model C370.

biddy6, May 10, 8:17pm
I use the white plastic covered curtain wire for un blocking, but have a different model fridge.Maybe try again with curtain wire from the bottom.

whistlingwings, May 10, 11:29pm
Hi, Yes I have used a piece of wire pushed up from the bottom. Still blocked . I think I need to get to the drain cup inside the fridge and clean this as I am sure it must be blocked with foody stuff.

pamow69, May 11, 2:48am
On the back wall inside the fridge is the evaporator plate that does the cooling. Below the plate is a plastic cover. If that is what you are talking about it is held on with clips. You get a grip on it and pull it away from the back wall. Usually takes a bit of force to separate it from the clips but it will come off. Some of those fridges had the drain hole lower down on top of the piece that sticks out where the compressor is behind and where the crisper bin is.

whistlingwings, May 11, 5:21am
Thank you everyone for your replies. As pamow suggested, it was the plastic cover that I needed to remove and couldn't. I have now had my son call in and pull this cover off. (Yes it took a great deal of manpower to pull this cover off). I have now cleaned the drain cup/hose and all is working as it should.

pamow69, May 11, 5:30am
Nice to hear it worked out ok.Thanks for the feed back.

maclad, May 11, 6:33am
pamow69 your generous and freely given advice is always helpful and invaluable, as I know.

pamow69, Jan 12, 2:54pm
Thank you. Happy to help if I can.