Mobile phone plans

billyfieldman, Jan 19, 4:14am
They don't seem to sell the $20 a year packs anymore. I visited the websites of Vodafone, 2 Degree, Spark and Skinny. They are all per month or 30 days.

maclad, Sep 14, 4:21am
Who has what I need. I am currently with 2% and for $19 a month I get texts, and 60 minutes calling plus 1G of data. I want a plan which will give me texts and calling time but don't need data. Any ideas as I could spend ages googling them all

brycer, Sep 14, 4:26am
This is 2014. I think they all come with data now because most of want it. and more and more data. With 2 degrees you can share your data with someone for free so that is a possibility?

maclad, Sep 14, 4:39am
I tried to share my data but 2% said no. However I did google and for $8 a month I have 60 carry over minutes and enough texts. And no data so I,m happy. Don,t use my mobile a lot. Thanks anyway

patxyz, Sep 14, 4:47am
$16 - 90 mins to NZ & Aus, unlimited txts to NZ & Aus, unlimited calling to other skinny mobiles (& 500mb data) - Skinny
$40 - unlimited txts & mins to NZ & Australia - Skinny

patxyz, Sep 14, 4:49am
Who is this with?

maclad, Sep 14, 5:17am
2% hope it,s a goodie no extras tho like free weekend calling, but I can get by without that.

rayonline_tm, Sep 14, 5:31am
2 degrees has a $8 pack which my dad uses 60min, 250 text a month. He doesn't have a Smartphone nor does he knows how to use a computer .

I think Skinny might have something similar too.

stevo2, Sep 14, 5:53am
Skinny has a weekly package for only $4.
60mins of calls
100 txts
60mb data (which is buggar all)
This is per week, not per month

nerak, Sep 14, 11:16am
No they don't all come with data. Telecom charges me $6.50/month for 150 texts! Even get 30 mins calling in the weekends for that I think.

easygoer, Sep 14, 11:26am
Spark $19 per month, 500MB data, 100min voice calls, unlimited texts, usually get a bonus when topping up, this month is unlimited weekend voice calls, last month was additional 60MB data

tillsbury, Sep 14, 8:15pm
I used to be on 2d, $20 'pack' of calls/texts which could last 6 months or more. Vodafone have the same thing. You don't need data, but you do need to decide how many minutes you want.

eljayv, Sep 14, 8:32pm
So. I have a mobile phone (a very old one ) which is used mainly as a safety net for emergencies etc and I do use and get texts. I use Vodafone prepay $20 a top up often only once a year, now i wonder if I want a new phone is there one out there that can do the same light usage and without data etc? I have computer and ipad at home which serves me well for Internet access.

budgel, Sep 14, 11:24pm
I have a vodafone prepaid.
I buy a $20 topup which entitles me to a bonus for unlimited texts and a big chunk of free data for a month. This means that what I have paid for can be used solely for voice calls for the month.

eljayv, Sep 15, 1:05am
How often do you have to part with your $20 is it monthly or only when depleted. The $20 prepay I have been using needs topping up once a year

rayonline_tm, Sep 15, 2:37am
If you are talking about the bonuses that is just for that month. When you deposit $20 or whatever . So if you want bonuses every month you would have to put in $20 every single month even if you haven't used it up.

But if you are like my mum, just put in $20 each year if you are a low user. Skinny only requires $5 per year by the way. .

eljayv, Sep 15, 4:11am
What your mum does sounds like me, so now I need find a new phone that serves my purpose. Thanks for your input????

lilyfield, Mar 27, 5:03pm
That is what I do, 20$ per year, emergency phone only, usually unused at the end of period. Cheap security for me.