String of pearls

Page 2 / 2
sinclairsouth, Oct 8, 8:38pm
Apologies for delay folks - bit of a hiccup on the home front with the sudden loss of one of my big sisters. Managed to find pieces of Pearl with roots but Burro's tail was a bit more difficult so sent off the 'jellybeans' which had started to grow along with a cutting so hope you all have success with these. Despatched with DX mail on Tuesday afternoon (6th October).

kay141, Oct 9, 4:53am
Sorry to hear about your sister. Please accept my sympathy and thank you. I have mine. Hopefully they will grow successfully, have all things crossed.

oh_hunnihunni, Oct 9, 5:44am
That's awful for you Mary, I'm so sorry. We big sisters are treasures. I think you're a stunner to have even thought of us let alone got some organised. My pearl has two flowers open and I'm quite enjoying the little fuzzy things. definitely an added bonus to the ever lengthening 'strings' from my terrarium. I've got quite hooked on plants in glass - not only started another terrarium but also planting up a couple of aquariums. Boy they're a challenge. Seems my green thumb works for the hard to grow plants, but the 'easy' ones just seem turn up toes on me. Lots of fun trying to get things growing, including some rather interesting stowaway snails, lol. Fish soon, the cat can't wait.

sinclairsouth, Oct 10, 6:54am
Hunnihunni - I included bits of another succulent type plant for you, no idea of what it is called but it is rather pretty and I think it actually produces flowers eventually. Can't have any terrarium space going to waste!
Thanks for your kind words, unfortunately we take older siblings too much for granted and only really appreciate them when we are older and more matured. I am the youngest of seven along with my twin brother and now we are down to only four so it's a bit scary when the older siblings start dropping off our family census. On a more positive note though - happy gardening and I hope burro thrives for you.

oh_hunnihunni, Oct 10, 7:25am
There is the point though that at last we get to the top of the pyramid - even if we're only there for a wee while lol. I'm now the matriarch in our family, but unfortunately we're so scattered I don't really get to rule the roost. Probably why I'm so bossy on here!

Your feeding my plants in glass addiction is very kind - I think! I've started eyeing up the big coffee jars now!

oh_hunnihunni, Oct 22, 8:16am
Mary, watch your letterbox next week - there's a few of my magic bean seeds in there too.

The burro's are settling in nicely, thank you!

sinclairsouth, Oct 28, 6:58am
Michele thank you very much! You really are a honey! Packet arrived safely today, what a lovely surprise, the contents will be really treasured and I am hoping the beans flourish for me as they are beautiful. Any special tips in respect of growing the beans? Thanks again, I really appreciate your kind gesture and lily is safe in my tunnelhouse and will be protected should our weather deteriorate. Kind thoughts and happy gardening.

oh_hunnihunni, Aug 17, 10:12pm
They are white flowering runners - prolific producers if you feed and water well. Succession plant and you'll have them into autumn. Pick young and cook whole - no strings, or french slice and dry freeze then pack, for winter. I got so many last year everyone I know has been gifted seeds - pass them on to anyone who would like them, they are worth growing!