Installing a bidet seat

tramore, Apr 18, 7:17am
Is there anyone who has done this and can help us with ours? We were given one 2nd hand the other week ago and my husband has installed it but it leaks. I'll be more specific if someone knows about installing them! Thanks!

lythande1, Apr 18, 7:05pm
2nd hand. um.
Why don't you just ring a plumber.

hilt_dwane, Apr 19, 2:03am
Obvious Lythande. A plumber isnt going to give away his knowledge for free is he? OP's hubby is a DIY

tramore, Apr 19, 4:57am
Correct and he is very good at it. We don't want to have to pay a plumber as we got it for free and would like it to remain that way if at all possible. It is a Cleanlet 200 or 200R. We have rung the company that sold them in Auckland and they no longer sell this model.

johotech, Apr 19, 5:10am
So why don't you provide more information.
Where is the leak? The pipe, or from the bidet tank or outlet?
Did the people that gave it to you tell you it was leaking?

What's the water pressure like at your place? Really high? You might need a pressure limiting valve fitted on the whole house.

The bidet is basically a small tank with a heater in it, and a valve to the outlet. The tank, valve or the heater fitting could be leaking. If it is leaking from inside, the only way to find the leak would be to take it apart.

tramore, Apr 20, 4:47am
Basically it is a storage tank to heat the water to spray the body.
The inlet water keeps running out the overflow. The water pressure (normal town supply) is high. The pump has to come on to make the water spray. It is the inlet flow of water causing overflow that is the problem. There was no word on how it worked when it was given but the owner died and the family took it out and donated it for sale. The air dryer does not work either, the water inlet pressure is more than what we have as working pressure. So says my husband.

johotech, Apr 20, 5:25am
They don't normally have an "overflow" - the tank is sealed. They do have a DRAIN outlet to drain the tank. Maybe that isn't closed?

Also they don't usually have a pump. The water just works under mains pressure.

Is this the model you have?
http://www.izenbidet.com/res/IB7500UserManual.pdf

rainrain1, Apr 20, 6:44am
I thought they went out with the Ark

ryanm2, Apr 20, 8:13am
No, pretty much every Japanese toilet in home is a bidet seat - they are great. Nothing beats a good upwards squirt.

tramore, Apr 21, 4:32am
The toilet bidet seat has Cleanlet -200- written on it. The manual we have doesn't have that written on it but it came with it. It just has "Cleanlet User manual."

johotech, Apr 21, 4:39am
Yes and where do you think "cleanlet" bought them from - A big manufacturer like Izen, that's who. Did you look at the pictures?

Does your manual say anything about the drain? Have you checked it? Like I said, there is no overflow.

tramore, Apr 21, 6:25pm
Thanks for your help. I am only repeating what I believe my husband to have said. Maybe I should go through the manual myself. I know nothing about this sort of thing. I'm a nurse. Oh OH,, I can hear my husband saying. if you want anything checked after you have fool proofed it, ask a nurse. they find ways to break things you never thought could be broken!

I am busy tonight after I get home so will dedicate time tomorrow. would you mind talking me through it when I have looked at it with the manual after that? I am off to work now!

tramore, Apr 22, 4:39am
Too late. he has taken it out now. Oh well, I appreciate your kindness in replying to this post. Many thanks!

johotech, Jan 26, 5:08pm
Well that's one way to solve the problem. Easier than RTFM I guess.