Rogers nursery tidal road

hurst6757, Apr 4, 9:19pm
Is this nursery open tomorrow easter sunday

pericles, Apr 4, 10:02pm
why not ring them

bryshaw, Apr 5, 10:09am
Bloody hell is Roger still going? I used to remember him walking barefoot around his nursery.

leebee35, Apr 5, 10:59am
Yes all garden centres are open. think they are opening just a bit later.

hurst6757, Apr 5, 11:31am
thank you coming from Hamilton

ebygum1, Apr 5, 10:22pm
They don't have a phone? They also don't have Eft-Pos.

nick2707, Apr 6, 8:28am
Awesome place - best plant place I've ever been to !

agens, Apr 6, 9:01pm
I love the verbals to stupid people. Who needs PC in the garden!

mlarkin, Apr 7, 1:03am
Rogers Garden centre do not have cr card facilities however he does take personal cheques - been going there over 30 years. How he knows exactly whether he has a certain plant or tree amazes me! Capricorngirl

ebygum1, Apr 7, 1:19am
He can be very entertaining to watch,if you upset him you will soon hear about it!

molly37, Apr 7, 1:45am
Oh God I hate that place. Went once stood in line as he pranced around chatting to all the regulars and ignoring me with a small child. Serving others despite the fact I was next, In the end I got so cross, I threw the plants on the ground and stormed out. He didn't say a word. he wouldn't have dared!

mkbooks, Apr 7, 7:45am
Oh yes he would have dared, couldn't be bothered with people throwing tanties I'd say

oh_hunnihunni, Apr 7, 7:49am
Lovely man, but then - I'm a regular.

molly37, Apr 8, 9:17am
I might have thrown a tanty but I'm not the only one who doesn't go there due to his silly prancing about like a Queen from K Road and crap service.

lillol, Apr 8, 8:29pm
Crap service and have to wait for hours - shame really. I find his old place just as good, much better service, have a nice cafe and you can walk around for miles without pushing your trolley into everything and everyone. Also you don't have to line up for 2 hours in the hot sun to get served. Not worth it to save $5.00 if you ask me.

koru67, Apr 8, 9:12pm
Well I most definitely save more than $5 when I go there, or else I would not bother.

smoocher, Apr 9, 9:02pm
Yes they do. A bit of a google search a while ago, found the number for me.
I rang him two weeks ago to check whether he had white crepe myrtles in stock and sure enough he did and for a great price.

rockie6, Apr 9, 9:09pm
Our garden club is going there this month again. Ive never been but have been told it's an experience.

ebygum1, Apr 9, 9:20pm
I wasn't sure as it's a long time since I was there. He used to be cash and cheque only and didn't publish a phone no. His plants are very good value for money.

samsnan, Apr 9, 11:10pm
Yes and when I have wanted a lot of Hydrangeas he usually has them in about 3 different sizes. I refuse to pay 18 to 20 dollars in a big garden centre when I want 20 odd of them. At Rogers I think I paid 3 or 4 dollars yes they were small but I fed them well and boy did they grow. A lot of his shrubs he has in small,medium and larger size with a sm,med price.
And yes you do have to line up and wait most times but we go very early to try and avoid that.

smoocher, Apr 10, 11:18pm
I think he is still cash or cheque, although Im not certain of that.
To find his number I just typed "Tidal Rd Garden Centre telephone number" into google, plenty of sights had the number. I dont think his number was ever in the telephone book, but the internet changes all that.
For price, I havent found anyone who can beat him and his variety is huge.

cannonbait81, Feb 7, 4:45pm
He has good fruit trees. The ones we got from there are always loaded