Stretching Shoes

genpat, Feb 17, 10:14pm
Any bright ideas! Daughter has been sent some expensive shoes for being a bridesmaid,they are slightly too small! I suggested maybe there is somewhere in Auckland that would be able to stretch them slightly!Is that still possible at the shoe menders! Told them to just go to a shop! Who listens to their Mother!

dbab, Feb 17, 11:08pm
Can she wear them at home with some thick socks on!

genpat, Feb 17, 11:52pm
Good idea, will pass that on thanks.

tigra, Feb 18, 12:14am
Try wetting the shoe and then stuffing them with newspaper to stretch slightly while they dry Wortked for my daughter, but I guess it depends on the material the shoe is made out of.

liggy2, Feb 18, 12:18am
Fill them with wheat then soak in warm water.

cookessentials, Feb 18, 12:26am
Most shoe shops will put them on the stretcher for you at a small cost. I know Hannahs has one.

hilt_dwane, Feb 18, 1:49am
There is a product, brand name Warproo (or similar) that used to be sold at Hannahs. Use this on shoes for DIY treatment

genpat, Feb 18, 1:52am
You guys are treasures thanks so much,I will pass it on,cannot imagine anything worse than being the smiling bridesmaid with the ouchy feet!

donnabeth, Feb 18, 2:07am
Are they too short or too narrow! If they are leather, wearing them daily wet with bare feet will help to widen them, but her big toe will still hit the end if they're too short. A bridesmaid's day is a long one, she doesn't want to remember it for her sore feet.

aloha3, Feb 18, 5:48am
there is a place in Victoria street hamilton is anyone is down this way.

Take some other shoes for her to change into or go barefeet later in the night. I now regret persisting with a slightly small shoe. I did the wear them in method and put up with it. I now have a bunion, not nice.

supernova2, Feb 18, 6:09am
Best option would be to see if they can be exchanged for a bigger size.Have you asked if that can be done!

Hanahs used to have shoe stretching machines but these days is there anyone there that would know how to use it!Overdo it and you have a wrecked shoe.

genpat, Feb 18, 9:55am
Yes may have to look at the change option but these are imported and maybe too late for that,the bride's choice and you know how modern weddings take on a life of their own with all the expense and drama. She is keen not to make waves but don't want her crippled.Thanks again.

edenrose, Feb 18, 10:11am
Can some one else wear them and stretch them for her!Just a thought!

peter148, Feb 19, 7:50am
meths or alchohol will stretch leather.Spray a bit into the shoe and perhaps put on a sock then wear the shoe around for a while.

mkbooks, Mar 14, 6:17pm
Where did the bride get the shoes! is it possible to change them for the next size up! if you know where they came from you could ring the shop + ask!