Cheeky a##eholes stole my plums

Page 2 / 2
dibble35, Feb 22, 4:31am
what wankers. senseless!

rsr72, Feb 22, 4:57am
Ah! -scrumping!

bettylee, Feb 26, 8:27pm
that's happened at parents place for the last 3 years, plumb tree stripped bare every bloody year now - and they are on a dead end street !

.jillybeen., Feb 26, 8:37pm
I caught a group of people once stripping the fejoas of my friends hedge.
organised group, I knew who they were but the owner didnt want to take it any further.When I spoke to them they had an invoice from turners and growers on the dash of the van, there was about 6 of them.oppertunists every where.

gj, Feb 27, 3:09am
Must have been the Plumber! LOL

cookiebarrel, Feb 27, 5:00am
Had a peach tree a few years back, gorgeous old golden queen and I didn't mind that folk helped themselves to the peaches on the branches that overhung our 1.8 mt high Hurricane mesh fence, though wasn't happy if branches were damaged in the fruit gathering.But when they started to climb the tree to pick the fruit that was inside my property and even wandered around the area which our dogs roamed in (that's why the high wire mesh fence enclosing our property) I decided enough was enough and cut the poor tree down to protect our dogs.Luckily there was a young self seeded peach growing, further away from the fence that eventually produced and with a wooden fence put up to stop anyone seeing what was growing inside our property, problem solved.First tree in question was down a driveway, but too easily seen from the road I guess.

donnabeth, Feb 27, 9:01pm
If they're stripping the whole tree they must be selling it. Check out teh local markets or shops to see whether they have bought from private approaches.

mothergoose_nz, Feb 27, 9:45pm
my neighbour let a treeload of lovely big plums just rot on the ground.no-one could have them.hate to see the waste.just a few would have been nice.
i had my lemon tree stripped by the neighbours visitor. i said she could have some but i went out and it was bare.not one left for me.last time i let anyone have some.the other case was my tamarillo tree was loaded and i went into hospital.my partner is blind and a so called friend called in a stripped the tree

dms01, Feb 28, 12:47am
my lawnmowing man stole the one and only ripe pear from my baby Doyenne du Comice tree. I had been waiting for ages for that pear!

schnauzer11, Feb 28, 2:29am
That was my thought-2 years ago I was waiting for the small,but yummy plums on a tree(high) behind the garage.The day I went out with bags to pick them,all were gone! Had been admiring them two days before.It was clearly a bird-raid-found just a few stones around the area,but the fact that every last plum was gone 20-feet up,when there was not ladder access,made birds the culprits.Spent a few hours considering aliens before admitting what was clear!

cantabman1, Feb 28, 7:19pm
Agrees with Schnauzer that it was more likely birds.

flopsie, Feb 28, 7:30pm
Hopefully they will have pigged out on them and s**t their pants at the worst possible time and place.

firefly001, Mar 1, 7:46pm
I had just one greengage on my tree, second season in the ground and I ate it, was delicious but only about a third of the size of the ones I bought last week.and thats my plum story!

pickles7, Mar 3, 8:21pm
We had a grape vine stripped bare of fruit in hours. We went to town nice black grapes everywhere, came home not one left any where. We now put bird netting over them.

p.monro, Mar 4, 5:47pm
Put a PIR sensor light in the garden
I suggest you buy an infrared wireless camera and continuous record to you recorder. I used this to find what was eating my pears. I suspected a possum but it was a hedgehog

dibble35, Mar 4, 7:41pm
Bit over the top! infrared camera thing anyway, unless you can pick them up for cheap as, my dad could install the light. maybe next summer, only got the passionfruit to finish now, oh and the feijoas but they are up the drive closer to the bedrooms and neighbours so they may be save from theives

theoldknitwit, Mar 5, 8:30pm
Tree climbing hedgehogs! The mind boggles.lol.

toffeey, Mar 5, 9:26pm
Wow that is so sad. I have been waiting ages for the fruit on my trees to ripen and each fruit is precious and has been carefully watched. It would really be gutting if somebody did that, especially as a nearby park has lots of fruit trees planted. I love that the council has planted fruit trees for everybody and I hope they are respected.

emmbee, Mar 6, 12:21am
Not just kids either, a few years ago we spotted a man and woman walking away with two full bags each, of just ripened grapefruit, (they had to leap our fence) A little bit rural, we drove around to confront them, they were completely belligerent and walked away with them!as we stood by dumbfounded! (by the way we do share our fruit trees to friends etc)

dibble35, Apr 5, 4:04am
You've got to wonder about some people aye. they seem to think its their god given right to take what they want. A lady was telling me about cars of people who would pull up park in their rural driveway blocking it, jump the gate and go pinch fruit from their neighbours property, blatently in full daylight. Another lady, rural again who lives overseas part of the year and here part of the year would come home to find her apple trees stripped every year. Her home orchard is well away from and not visible from the road, I work in a garden centre so hear a few stories if you're wondering, I dont tell my tail of stolen plums to every person i meet LOL