Resene Limelock

uke17, Feb 28, 10:58pm
Is there any one in the Wellington area who needs to dispose of the tail end of a can of Resene Lime Lock!I need only about 1 litre.To buy it direct I would have to buy 4 litres minimum at a cost of $105.It is disgraceful that I cannot buy a 1 litre can for a small job.

smiler127, Mar 1, 2:52am
Have you thought of putting a wanted ad up on Freecycle, in the Wellington area!

uke17, Mar 1, 9:03am
Thanks I will do that.I put a note on Free Stuff today, but will look at Freecycle too.

elise24, Mar 3, 9:08pm
What exactly do you want to use the limelock for! You may get away with another product.

uke17, Mar 5, 12:19am
x1
I need it to seal some new concrete work before painting it.I have used it before and the results were great.A coat of limelock (within a fortnight of the plastering being done) then an undercoat and two top coats.The house looks great and passersby continue to stop and admire it.I have looked at other products and they seem to be more of an undercoat or a sealant.Any suggestions!

tourer100, Mar 6, 1:58am
Wait at least 3 weeks for concrete to dry then just use a sealer, much better than limelock.

mrsglaucoma11, Mar 6, 6:03pm
Are we talking about sealing concrete or plaster! Limelock is a sealer and undercoat so no need to apply a second undercoat before 2 topcoats.

elise24, Mar 6, 10:11pm
Yeah well if you want to paint it pronto then you need limelock. You could do as #6 says but if you are using a darker colour then I would still recommend Limelock after the 4 weeks or so (thickness of the 'concrete' dependant). Buy a 4 litre and sell the rest on that auction site. What's it called again.!

uke17, Apr 7, 3:43pm
Thanks Guys.The plasterer came by with a can of limelock - we used the 1.5 litres we needed and he took the rest back.All happy all round.