Mercury bay (dichondra)

jills3, Jan 4, 2:02am
there was a powder called dricondra cleanwhich is no longer available from burnets horticulture the person who made the powder has die. is there any other system avaiable that does the same thing to control weeds
thanking you for any imformation

nchun, Jan 4, 11:37am
Hi there. What you need is a selective grass weed killer which does not affect broad leaved plant types like dichondra. Its usually the other way around for lawn sprays (save the grass, kill the broadleaves)! NuFarm have a product called Crest 520 which controls grass weeds in crops which includes clover, peas, lucerne. This should be effective in your dichondra lawn to kill off grass weeds. It comes in 1 or 5 lit containers. Caution - you are BEST to try a small patch first and see how it works. Cheers!

jills3, Jan 4, 8:05pm
Thank you nchun,will definitely look into your suggestion.

koru67, Jan 4, 8:15pm
Kings plant barn are still showing dichondra clean on their website, have you tried them to see if they still have some in stock, or any other little garden centres.

woody89, Jan 5, 12:08am
Dichondra is resistant to roundup. I use a weaker strength roundup on my lawns to kill out grass & then the mercury bay gets away, I try & mow short as well. Other broadleafs can be dug out, the hole filled with fresh dirt & a plug of dichondra.

raj3, May 26, 12:01pm
what is the mixing ratio of roundup to water . I tried a weak solution of weedout which has same active ingredients as round up (glycophosate)but it slowely killed my dichondra too.