Do I lay vinyl in bathroom b4 shower install?

jack47, Jan 1, 3:51am
What is the standard practice! Am installing a shower and vanity etc.

elect70, Jan 1, 4:01am
Well i was told not to . i coved it up the walls & shower traystand .

joberri, Jan 1, 4:03am
I will be putting shower and vanity first then tiling after was what I was told to do.

chas, Jan 1, 4:35am
Yes def lay vinyl before shower installation.no problem then with water.
Even if vinyl is coved up shower tray intime water can find its way onto or under vinyl.

tezw1, Jan 1, 5:55am
We get the vinyl laid last, after shower and vanity installed, painting and all other works completed

chas, Jan 1, 6:27am
Thats ok teezw1.but tis better if shower and vanity go afer vinyl is layed as water just cant get under vinyl.but most people do put vinyl in last.Iknow as have been laying vinyl for 4o odd years.

dmjbuild1, Jan 1, 7:06am
I'm a licensed builder and i've installed a lot of shower's and am also an englefield certified installer and I've never seen vinyl laid before the shower.

outbidyou2, Jan 1, 8:05am
Same on the LBP and totally agree. Vinyl after, and even easier after painting.

chas, Jan 2, 12:47am
Ok out voted here.lol.but surely common sense would tell if vinyl is layed up to shower water can get down. Silicone is good stop gap.Now dmj etcu must have replaced flooring in front of showers where water has gotten down.would be fair to say it is easier for builder and plumbers if vinyl went down last but that wasnt the question tha Jack47 asked.

aredwood, Jan 3, 5:13am
The 2 most common leakage points for shower trays are the tray corners where the glass meets the plastic lining. Vinyl under the tray won't make any difference to a leak in those locations. Also I would be worried that the glue used to stick the shower tray to the floor might not stick to the vinyl.

But please get the vinyl installed before the toilet gets installed.

chas, Jan 12, 12:55pm
yes agreed about the toilet.Have layed vinyl in a few bathrooms before shower tray goes in and no problem that I have heard of.plumbers have wanted it that way. shows the diference between the Islands.lol.