Feijoas - Bugs & Feeding

fleur59, Jan 1, 7:31pm
feed them with a fruit tree fert, they are usually hardy to being attacked by insects, if the holes are in the middle of the leaves and0 round, it could be shotholefungus
hope this helps a bit.

kateley, Jan 1, 8:58pm
the only thing that seems to attack my feijoas is a leaf roller type of caterpillar.You can get specific sprays to deal to caterpillars.
I feed mine with general garden fertiliser plus a good layer of mulch.

carter441, Jan 6, 12:26am
Thanks everyone - appreciate your feedback.

ansypansy1, Jan 6, 3:28am
There's a tiny brown beetle that hatches in the ground, comes up and feeds on your feijoas. They have to be sprayed at a certaiin time (spring I think) Your feijoas will make enough growth that you'll hardly notice the holes in a few weeks. It seems to be a temporary thing. Never affected our crop when we were growing them.

jules., Jan 6, 7:33am
Guava moth, you can get traps from the plant stores, like a coddling moth (apple trees) trap. You hang them in the tree and they attract the male moths so they dont fertilize the eggs.

venna2, Jan 7, 1:06am
Citrus fertiliser is apparently good for them. And general manure, compost and whatever's handy. Watering in hot dry summers. I don't know about the bug, though. Mine are doing surprisingly well. The ones that have grown the most are the Tagan variety.

carter441, Dec 29, 11:12pm
Something seems to be eating my young feijoas - are they susceptible to particular insects!Also, when is the best time to feed feijoas and do they like a particular kind of food!

carter441, Dec 30, 10:52pm
Any thoughts!

maitai2, Dec 31, 9:27am
Write the exact same question on Google and you should get all sorts of helpful answers

guest, Oct 10, 5:52pm
Theme list option in Administration panel shloud use Stylesheet instead of Template.~ Line 223echo .$theme["Name"]. ;This is because some themes have templates (parents) and therefore child themes can't be selected on the admin panel. Of course other references to the same value shloud also be changed.

guest, Oct 13, 8:15pm
Hi GuysThank you for sharing all those pceutris. It must be like a never ending vacation you two are having. Our weather here is starting to warm up a bit. Your temperature seems a bit warmer according to our weather report.Thank for the E-Mail. I'm doing alright. bye for now ED

guest, Jun 2, 7:44am
Most effective and siplme tool for making sleeping place and clothes bed bug free is a micro-wave oven.I am amazed not one of your articles mentions this and should be the first thing anyone who has just discovered bedbugs should equip themselves with.As soon as you awake put each duvet cover, pillow case, sheet, pyjama, pants, night wear- whatever you were wearing in the Micro wave SEPERATELY.For that reason buy small size pillows that will fit in your microwave.This is a serious business and you must equip yourself with the correct hardware so that YOU CAN SLEEP SOUNDLY AGAIN.No Sleep is awful and you must get back good sleep before you will have the strength to really get seriousAlso if you live alone a good long mirror to observe the centre section of your own back as it is very hard to inspect this.You will need a small mirror as well to hold in your hand.Buy lots of small hooks and clothes hangers to allow you to suspend as many clothing items as possible.I know you advise that hair is good prevention against bites but first need is to FIND them so SHAVE OFF ALL BODY hair.It is no good not being sure that they are there or not. You have to know FOR SURE.gO TO CHEMIST and buy a small disposable syringe so that you can suck in freshly boiled water to drop VERY hot (not boiling obviously) in small locations where you think there may be a bug. This prevents you scratching and will kill the bastard.PLEASE ADVISE public to test how hot they can stand the water.I dont want to scald anybody but if you apply the very hot water from the syringe in small drops it will cause NO HARM but kill the little critter.It is useful when you find them on your sheets too as they die in one piece and can be removed without mess.Get a hairdryer.First vaacuum your floor/carpet as well as possible with a NEW VacuumBag, which you will use only for anti bed bug vaccuuming.Now get hairdryer and turn on and test how close it needs to be to SCALD (not burn) your carpet. Go over the carpet systematically. It takes ages but this is the best way I know of steralising your carpet of eggs, which WILL BE THERE.Also you can use the Hairdryer to go over your body.When they feel the heat the buggers drop off. So stands on a white material AND YOU WILL SEE THEM.I have just got over a bed bug attack and because I quickly found out that ALL SPRAYS ARE USELESS I had to work out how to get my normal life back.Going without sleep is really horrible experience.And any sane person will dread the thought of those little fokkers crawling through your hair and back.One night I felt them on my back and spun over, removed my shirt and TWO fell out and started to crawl away.They are very clever and know EXACTLY which part of your body you cannot inspect.If this has been any help please get back to me and I will provide more advice and will be prepared to write out a complete effective way of treating this problem as all sprays are of little help beyond giving you a worse rash than the bugs themselves.