Plumbers / electricians Renhardt instant hot water

atlantis3, Aug 24, 6:25am
I have a 8kw 2 phase instant hot water shower that has blown the gasket in the heater and is dripping water.

1/I can have gaskets specially made or is there a service agent for these heaters (or is it too old).

2/ Triton make an instant hot water heater. Have you had experience with these, I see they make an 8kw and a 10kw model but not sure how much water flow these are rated for or the price on these heaters.

The house has 3 phase.

atlantis3, Aug 24, 6:57am
Have found the 8kw heater at approx $700 but not the 10kw (online at plumbing plus)

aredwood, Aug 24, 8:48am
Another 8kW water heater will have exactly the same performance as your old one, since it was also 8kW. Have never heard of that brand before either. Check if the triton one is single or balanced 2 phase, or unbalanced 2 phase as well. As if it is single, or unbalanced 2 phase. You would also have to pay for a cable upgrade. Which will probably be expensive.

Replace it with a hot water cylinder. You will get more flow. And you can put it on night rate power. So it will be cheaper to run.

johotech, Oct 19, 2:56pm
If it just needs a gasket, and it can be taken apart, one could be made for it. It's not rocket science.

Last time I had to make a gasket, I was on a yacht in the middle of the pacific. Made one out of a nautical chart. Took about 15 min.