Tile Colour

soxxy, Mar 15, 4:58am
I want to use a gold/yellow tile on the bathroom floor with white tiles on the wall with a dark gold thin dado. Any comments appreciated. Thanks

sanders4, Mar 15, 10:02am
If it works for you then go for it. Be careful with grout colour to match floor tile.

mullett_007, Mar 16, 9:59pm
I think that would age terribly tbh. If you're not planning on reselling anytime soon then go for it. We did ours recently and as I would have done some things differently IF this was our forever home but I kept it pretty neutral for re sale, we have rimu floors with white wall tiles and a stone look grey tile on a feature wall and in the shower.

jsimons12, Mar 21, 7:01am
I am a designer :) this sounds nice & warm, if it is a sunny yellow add some class with a potted peace lilly in a white pot in the bathroom to tone down the zest & keep things cheerful but elegant. If it is a mustard yellow I would get a sunny bright yellow pot & put an african violet in it to zest it up.

White & cream accessories will look nice regardless of type of gold/yellow tile colour. You may need a splash of violet grey - the modern kind or plum mixed with white & cream in accessories to make things feel warmer if it is a pale gold against the white. This should give a regal look with Gold/white.
Or a punchy look if it is more yellow/white.

White tiles do not age terribly I have seen them in places 10 years old or more, so long as they are cleaned they look almost new 10 years on. Gold or yellow is also very mediterranean & can also look very elegant & classic.

soxxy, Feb 25, 8:00am
Thanks everyone. Its now pale gold floor and white walls with gold/black dado. Looking good.