Replacing Wall Oven and Dishwasher

donnabeth, Mar 23, 3:29am
I went looking today, and was spoiled for choice. I want to replace my built in wall oven with one that has more functions and racks, and cooks evenly.It needs to fit into a 60cm gap. Noel Leemings had a F&P one that looked like it would do the job, about 2K.

The dishwasher I have is noisy. I can't believe the noise, after our last house where we couldn't hear the dishwasher in the same room. I also saw a F&P dishwasher that looked reasonable. I wasn't keen on dishdrwers, but after reading another thread about them, I'm beginning to reconsider.

Both appliances in the house we bought, are cheap, but work o.k. Both are noisy. Is there a lot of expense involved in the replacement work of fitting the new appliances? What brands would anyone recommend?

Thanks for any advice.

tardis537, Mar 23, 4:26am
Don't forget Depth when doing your measuring. Twice I have gone to install wall/under bench ovens for clients only for the shape at the back to be different and gas pipes meant the new one would not slide all the way in.

zak410, Mar 23, 4:38am
Dishwasher the same size should just slot in, no expense.

pamow69, Mar 23, 7:16am
Any model you are thinking of buying, do some research on Google for reviews on that make & model. Most cheaper brand dishwashers are noisy. Not enough sound deadening insulation in the door & cabinet. Even the latest F&P dishwashers are noisy.

smalltrader2, Mar 23, 7:56am
Bosch Dishwashers are very quiet and reliable. Fair prices too which is surprising. Highly recommended.

landylass, Mar 23, 9:55am
I bought an ordinary F&P dishwasher. They are just junk now. See if you can find someone with consumer online.

donnabeth, Mar 23, 10:05am
Thanks. The appliances that came with the house are cheap ones. I guess my old F&P from 12 years ago were better quality than available now. The depth of the cabinet is something that had not occurred to me at all.It will slot into a tower. My friend has a Bosch and I can barely hear it standing beside it. I didn't look for one because I assumed Bosch was expensive. I appreciate the feedback. it's scary wanting to outlay such a lot of money for convenience.

ryanm2, Mar 23, 5:48pm
Bosch, Westinghouse, Miele - anything but F&P. Same goes for the wall oven.

hammer23, Mar 23, 9:14pm
hang on. My dishwasher goes great, it is quite ,does a good job and is 3 years old and just goes and goes. Now I find out it is a piece of junk and I should get rid of it. If I take off the F& P badge will it go better?

easygoer, Mar 24, 7:14am
Have a look at the Beko wall ovens, not cheap but well made and the standard 60cm oven is as big inside as a free standing range, most others are narrow and smaller capacity, I have a F&P large dish drawer which is very quiet and extremely reliable, it is a great machine and washes well

ryanm2, Mar 24, 7:39am
I think the more pricey F&P are not too bad. Comparing similar priced dishwashers though F&P are a tad noisier and dont clean as well. Im basing this on my own personal experience. Ive had 3 F&P (our current one is late model F&P and is a piece of crap, was here in the house when we moved in). We purchased a Westinghouse for our old house, replacing another F&P and it was awesome. Just saving up to replace the F&P again.

donnabeth, Feb 24, 3:14am
Son and daughter both decided to buy dishwashers. No overthinking and brand comparisons; they just went out and looked at what was available and chose what suited them. All over and done in a few hours. One can home with a single dishdraw the other with a double. Thinking double dishdrwers at the moment.