Help Please - Glass Blocks

soxxy, Apr 22, 4:44am
Is there anyone out there able to put glass blocks into a window. We live in Lower Hutt. I have searched wide and far - no luck.

diyblondie, Apr 23, 2:08am
Bumping up as I too would be interested in finding someone

cagivachick1, Apr 23, 4:52am
a glazier would do this job

mm12345, Apr 23, 5:07am
A glazier might, but I'd have thought that a joiner or builder-carpenter may be needed, as you'd be very lucky if the window happened to be the right size to fit the glass blocks.

happychappy50, Apr 23, 9:04am
Have done this,made a aluminium frame to hold the bricks,secured with silicone all attached to a timber reveal the width of the wall cavity + extra for attaching arches (internal) & allow for scribbling on the exterior.

Installing the blocks requires a certain degree of skill as silicone can be messy if you are not used to it,if you feel competent re the installation of the frame go for it you will need to flash it(stops the water getting in) otherwise you get into strife down the track,maybe better to get someone who is competent at this task.

Good luck with it all

soxxy, Jan 25, 5:58pm
Thankyou all - I have tried many people - glaziers - builders. One glazier will do it for $27 per block, but he wants the builder to cut the hole and prepare it for his part - the builder said he needs the blocklayer to give him exact measurements before he cuts out the wall and puts in the framing - chicken & egg. Still persuing. This afternoon - an older glazier is coming around to look - very hopeful we'll get a result.