Dye in concrete.

babe56, Jan 13, 11:52pm
Hi I am having a house built with two concrete drives. I thought I would like a blackish oxide I think it is put into the concrete. Any advice on this would be appreciated. Many thanks.

dgluved, Jan 14, 3:34am
They can add it to the concrete mix for you and it will arrive ready mixed. It does fade quite quickly though.

trade4us2, Jan 14, 7:56am
Placemakers had lots of colours when I last looked. I doubt that those would fade.

underconstructy, Jan 14, 8:01am
Typically we put 5% black oxide in exposed aggregate driveways. After about a year there faded and look like normal concrete. It's about $40 a m3 to add to the cost and complete waste of money in my opinion. Black oxide fades the worst of any colours I have seen.

hammer23, Jan 14, 9:43am
what good sound advice from someone who knows what they are talking about ,this is wwhat we need.

pandai, Jan 14, 9:47am
If it's ok to jump in - Is there any point in using a tinted sealer? My new drive was supposed to have a shot of black in it but you can't tell. Well you sort of can because the 3rd truck had more black in it than the first 2. But still too pale.

cabrio1, Jun 13, 4:11am
I tinted part of my driveway with I think 5% black.
Looks fantastic even 7 years later. fades to normal? was obviously a hopeless job.
Looks WAY better than all that glaring white.