Hydrochloric acid

maclad, Sep 23, 5:23am
My daughter has a mark on her car windscreen. Obviously something has attached itself to the end of her wiper blade. Cannot move it. Tried petrol, acetone, turps, cutting compound and a scraper. Nothing moves it and it appears to be something sticky. I have acid but worry that it may etch the glass. Any info gratefully received, thanks.

lilyfield, Sep 23, 5:39am
Try Desolve It.

fordcrzy, Sep 23, 5:40am
wipe with acetone and scrape while its still wet?

johotech, Sep 23, 5:46am
Hydrochloric acid won't etch glass.

But if you keep looking, you might be able to find something really really dangerous to try on it!

maclad, Sep 23, 5:49am
Sounds like a fun challenge joho and I will keep on searching. This is why I posted as I need to know and safe options are OK with me. I know nothing was just a question.

fordcrzy, Sep 23, 5:54am
tried coke?

maclad, Sep 23, 5:55am
No but can do ta

charie4, Sep 23, 6:40am
Try butter.

maclad, Sep 23, 6:43am
nice one will do thanks

mrfxit, Sep 23, 8:06am
Take it to Novus or Smith & Smith.
If they can remove it then credits to them

jonners2013, Sep 23, 8:12am
I'm imagining how gross the windscreen is going to be after it's had petrol, acid, butter, coke, acetone and turps over it :)

I hope no one lights a cigarette near it or it will go up! Haha

tigra, Sep 23, 9:42pm
Why not just replace the wiper blade?

gabbysnana, Sep 24, 7:50pm
too easy. maybe the blades are $150 a set like mine.

maclad, Sep 25, 4:02am
The mess is on the screen not the wipers which incidentally have both been replaced regardless, thanks.

tonijo, Sep 25, 6:56am
eucalyptus oil is good on sticky stuff that can't be moved by anything else

karrie3, Sep 20, 10:16am
I second calling in to see Smith & Smith, they have all sorts of cleaning stuff. I once had an arched mark at eye level on the windscreen, tried everything to remove it then decided it must be a crack so called the insurance company who called out the experts. Turned out to be foam from takeaway coffee, used to put them in the side pocket then slam the driver's door, whence it shot out the spout onto the windscreen and set like concrete!
1 minute with a drop of cleaner and a rag. goneburgers! Lol