Inside aerials for tvs

treens2, Nov 26, 5:02am
My outside aerial keeps getting blown of the roof, now have it inside, and tv is now working. Just wondering if you can still buy rabbit ears or some other type of inside aerial, thanks for your thoughts

russ18, Nov 26, 5:07am
Securing the outside aerial properly could be the answer.

treens2, Nov 26, 6:41am
Thanks russ. Have paid two trade persons to do this in the past. inside aerial is the way I want to go

sliphgrrl, Nov 26, 7:37am
I think you can still get them, but they are pants.
If you really don't want the outside aerial installed properly, you can have it installed in the roof space instead.

tub4, Nov 26, 7:38am
Jaycar have a range of inside aerials, there are some you can hang on the wall so maybe able to place in the roof space for a cleaner look

spyware, Nov 26, 7:45am
Indoor antenna is unlikely to be of much use in Ashburton. Solution is to locate outdoor antenna in roof space where its protected from weather. Or study youtube hdtv indoor designs which are really just lightweight outdoor type designs.

russ18, Nov 26, 6:22pm
that's a shame, sounds like you need better "trades people" down there.

sliphgrrl, Nov 27, 6:37am
^^this

christin, Nov 28, 12:41am
ive got a couple inside. $29 one from the warehouse, $40 from the warehouse and a free one (which was worth &79) from somewhere else.

all work fine. one did need to be by a window but apart from that all good. cheaper than getting cabling run across the roof, down etc.

maybe get one from the warehouse and if it doenst work take it back?

treens2, Nov 28, 6:09am
Thanks christin, will check that out. House is two stories high with a high pitched roof

christin, Jul 19, 4:57pm
Maybe put it back carefully as though it looks like its not been opened if it doesn't work and say you didn't need it lol.

The cheaper one of mine isn't a powered/amplified one so weren't sure about that so the person who bought it (I inherited it) said if tin didnt work end take it back for a powered one,but worked fine.

The one that needs to be by a window is actually the dearest one!