Electrolux Ewt 606 not agitating

donnyscans, Aug 19, 7:48am
A friend passed on a 6kg machine top loading, The bowl does not appear to be turning as with the spin, however water is draining out and the recycle pump works.
Had not been going for a while but was going ok before. I put on side to transport, not sure if this has done anything ? sorted all the settings and does normal things until the timing of wash (nothing but water pump), The machine seems to make groaning noises occasionally while water filing adjustments. Clothing always in same position.
Any help would be appreciated, hopefully its something simple,i don't mind going into back of it to look for problem.

nzmax, Aug 19, 9:45am
Might sound like a dumb question, and may not be relevant as Electrolux machines may not have it, but F&P washing machines have a plastic transportation thing that holds the bowl from moving during transportation, which is installed at the factory and needs to be removed before use. If Electrolux use something similar, your friend hasn't reinstalled it before you picked it up?

edit to add, on F&P they fit into the centre of the bowl from underneath.

pamow69, Aug 19, 11:51am
Putting on the side shouldn't create problems. The bowl doesn;t turn during wash only the agitator moves. Does it spin okay after water has drained? I am a washing machine repair service person so may be able to assist.

donnyscans, Aug 19, 10:09pm
Sorry, thxs pamow69- I should have said agitator. Does not turn on wash or spin but pump takes out water and recycles it.
I can tell its not working as clothes are in exactly the same place I put them. even the dry one on top.
As above max, the owner would have not put it on. I did not see anything sticking out etc. thxs for thought.
I might have to hand wash this lot as its been two days sitting.

pamow69, Aug 20, 1:13am
Not familiar with that model, not one I have repaired in the past. Could be a lid switch problem. When water has stopped filling is there any sounds at all that it is trying to do anything or just silence?

donnyscans, Aug 20, 11:28am
Yes. grinding/ moaning type sounds as tho its working, but when u lift lid, its all still ? When I lift lid, everything that's working stops so I gather the switch is working . do they have belts ?

pamow69, Aug 20, 12:45pm
Ok so lid switch is working. Yes it will have a belt most electrolux do but as stated I have not seen that model before. You can look for the lid switch and operate it by hand. That way you can run it with lid open & see what is happening. Grinding sound suggests maybe a gearbox problem.

donnyscans, Aug 24, 9:51am
Just a little thought, sometimes soap suds can build up and clog the whatever (tubes, pipes, drains) would it be a option to put a hot wash only thru with that stuff u get at supermarkets. Could it be the fault ? thxs

pamow69, Oct 18, 6:50pm
No, you are on the wrong track. Soap suds and soap build up does not cause grinding noises. Like I suggested in my last post, run it with lid open and see what is happening. Try to listen & pinpoint where noise is coming from. If you can give more detail I may be able to help but I can't see & hear what is happening. You are the eyes & ears so to speak. If you can't see anything or are not able to listen where the sound comes from then you will have to call someone who can fix it for you if you want to get it resolved.